Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Just a thought but our pay structure means that players and perhaps managers get paid by results. Last 2 years have been expensive, I wonder if this could be a factor in Peps no buy statement?

Just a thought but our pay structure means that players and perhaps managers get paid by results. Last 2 years have been expensive, I wonder if this could be a factor in Peps no buy statement?
We make a lot more money by winning trophies than we do paying out win bonuses

We make a lot more money by winning trophies than we do paying out win bonuses
I'm sure you are right but it seems some of our stars appear to be going through the motions apparently content with last years performance.
May need some sort of fresh bonus distribution to activate their undoubted capabilities.

There maybe other factors as to why we are not strengthening this January.

Bad planning,and bad buys mean we now have a huge rebuilding job on our Hands,

I am not sure Pep will want to commit to us longer than an ongoing 12 month rolling contract.

If that really is the case.Then our owners might want to think carefully before financing a manager who could walk just 12 months in to a 2,3, season rebuilding job.Then be left having to rip up the plan and start again. with a new manager.

Makes sense to review the end of this season.
I keep reading that we plan these things at least 18 months in advance, so maybe another option is that we've already identified our buys, but they're not available until summer

Click on the link for the full article.

“Pep is staying and will see out the remainder of his contract.” Quote: Soriano.

Pep Guardiola will see out Manchester City contract, insists chief executive Ferran Soriano

But Soriano said: “There’s not any particular plan at this time. The winter market is a challenging market – it’s very narrow, there’s not a lot of players in the market. We will see. But we don’t have any specific plan.”

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/fo...sists-chief-executive-ferran-soriano-1.957152

Last edited:
Bravo, Fernandinho, Silva alone are out of contract. On top of that Sane, Jesus, Otamendi might go. Will be at least 5. Far from ideal.
Bravo yes, Fernandinho might go think Rodri and Gudogan cover that, Silva, as Pep says, will be replaced with Bernardo and Foden. Sane probably Otamendi yes. Jesus won't go.
So Bravo Otamendi and Sane that's it. Wouldn't be surprised if Bravo stayed either.

Click on the link for the full article.

“Pep is staying, and will see out the remainder of his construct.” Quote: Soriano.

Pep Guardiola will see out Manchester City contract, insists chief executive Ferran Soriano

But Soriano said: “There’s not any particular plan at this time. The winter market is a challenging market – it’s very narrow, there’s not a lot of players in the market. We will see. But we don’t have any specific plan.”

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/fo...sists-chief-executive-ferran-soriano-1.957152

sounds like if something interesting pops up then the club will make a move imo

sounds like if something interesting pops up then the club will make a move imo

Don't get your hopes up.

As TH pointed out to you on another thread, we cannot buy any who is not homegrown unless we sell one of the first team squad players who is not homegrown. That means a traditionally difficult window presents even more challenges for City.

What's frustrating to me isn't that we need a big overhaul this summer, because we don't, we just need the same refresh we didn't do last summer.

In terms of what we actually need: Otamendi has to go and Fernandinho may not be back, so that's at least one centerback we need to buy. Sane needs to be sold and replaced with a left sided attacker (or a striker if you think Jesus can shift out). Bravo needs to be replaced, but that's fine, we can bring in Steffen for that. The rest of the pitch is pretty much covered/implausible.

In a perfect world I would also want to get rid of Stones and Mahrez, but I can't see any way we buy two wingers and two centerbacks in the same summer, so thats pushed off. And If you can find a taker for Mendy you can shift him and Angelino out for new leftback as well.

Don't get your hopes up.

As TH pointed out to you on another thread, we cannot buy any who is not homegrown unless we sell one of the first team squad players who is not homegrown. That means a traditionally difficult window presents even more challenges for City.

Can we not just sign a foreign player and exclude someone from the squad list?

It might mean keeping an unhappy player in the squad, but if it’s someone like Otamendi or Bravo who will be off in the summer anyway, who cares?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.