Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Pep can’t believe we don’t need strengthening There must be a reason we ain’t buying maybe linked to this FFP shit. Look at the debacle that was their equaliser. Whatever some on here say Mendy, Bravo, Mahrez, are consistently average, all three played little part in our achievements to date and all need replacing. Cancelo can’t get a game and replaced Danilo who actually never let us down and offered real versatility. Without Aguero and Silva who are real legends we are not the same team and both are no longer at their peak. Jesus flatters to deceive. Rodri is doing his best but his lack of pace is a concern. Let’s be honest we don’t have a back 4 that can be trusted. Age and injuries big factor but where is our youth? Garcia is not a cb for this league. Angelino has come back but again can’t cement a place. Pep has a big job on, it hurts me to finally admit it but Liverpool are so far ahead this season and their squad is very young and could dominate for next 2-3 seasons.

You and I disagree often enough so there's no point us going back and forth with such a clear cut issue as this.

Every single player in our squad dives. You can argue about the degree to which some players exaggerate their falls and clearly some players are bigger culprits than others in that regard but that doesn't change the fact that they all cheat to gain an advantage.
You say 'our' squad ? But you did not watch the game yesterday.

Because he didn’t go down,same as if Mahrez didn’t go down he doesn’t win the penalty. Unfortunately that’s just the way the business has been for ages.
The fact he didn’t go down or appeal was as baffling as his decision not to clear the ball. Further evidence that he’s probably not the brightest crayon in the pack.

question is... does Pep really believe January is the wrong time to strengthen or is he being told we can't strengthen and he's toeing the party line.

There maybe other factors as to why we are not strengthening this January.

Bad planning,and bad buys mean we now have a huge rebuilding job on our Hands,

I am not sure Pep will want to commit to us longer than an ongoing 12 month rolling contract.

If that really is the case.Then our owners might want to think carefully before financing a manager who could walk just 12 months in to a 2,3, season rebuilding job.Then be left having to rip up the plan and start again. with a new manager.

Makes sense to review the end of this season.

I am not sure Pep will want to commit to us longer than an ongoing 12 month rolling contract.

If that really is the case.Then our owners might want to think carefully before financing a manager who could walk just 12 months in to a 2,3, season rebuilding job.Then be left having to rip up the plan and start again. with a new manager.

It isn't huge, and the whole point of having Txiki as DOF means the managers situation doesn't make any difference to who we buy. There won't ever be any ripping up and starting again.

It isn't huge, and the whole point of having Txiki as DOF means the managers situation doesn't make any difference to who we buy. There won't ever be any ripping up and starting again.
In theory that is how it was all supposed to work when we hired the DOF.

Unfortunately that is not what has happened.

We face a period of transition need a minimum of 7 signings.

This should not have been the case.But the reality is it is.

Will likely be 2,seasons before we challenge Liverpool for the League again in my opinion.

3 this summer 2 or 3 the summer after. This summer replace Otamendi ,Sane, Bravo. Summer after Aguero . We'll challenge Liverpool next season. They will drop off we will be back approaching form of lasst 2 years.

We don't have a big rebuilding project and we've not bought badly, I wish people would pack in the fucking hyperbole.

We need a CB to replace Otamendi. That's pretty much it.

We need Laporte back, Mendy to carry on his recovery, Cancelo & Angelino to settle in and start performing.

If Sané goes he'll need replacing, Bravo is going so hell need replacing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.