Guidetti Loan Watch

schfc6 said:
As someone said, he should if he's close to our first team be scoring for fun at EDS level. Our other strikers would score goals galore in the league. I understand he's young and been off the pace through no fault of his own for sometime but I really do think we should have cashed in on him.

If he doesn't cut it at Stoke, his valuation and reputation will decrease.

Currently I think he's a player with decent potential and a reputation he may not deserve. Currently I think we could perhaps get £6-£8 million, if he fails to impress at Stoke, what's his value then?

I personally don't believe he will ever be good enough for City.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see it.

Totally agree. Hope we are both wrong but I doubt it. I will come on here and apologise to all those with a contrary view if he proves us wrong.

We should have cashed in at the end of the loan deal with Feyenoord. There was wide interest for him and we might have got around £10 million for him based on his promise and from a club who got caught up in the hysteria of his goal record but failed to notice he did about as well as Jerzy Altidore that same season in the same league - Jerzy Altidore who played all season with Hull and scored 1 goal. The same Jerzy Altidore trundling his big ar*e out for Sunderland at present with 1 goal to his name again.

He doesn't need to get to their level at all. I'm under no illusions that he is going to be anywhere near Aguero's level but that doesn't mean he won't have a role to play in our squad. The thing is he's had fuck all games since his loan and so that really isn't helping him. Half a season starting for Stoke could have really brought him along as a player but instead he's gathering splinters in his arse while people who shouldn't even be footballers are starting ahead of him cos Hughes is a prick. This loan move which should have rebooted his career is looking like it could really damage it.

CITYBOY1000 said:
M24 Citizen said:
Being realistic he needs to get to Jovetic or near Aguero's level (when we first signed him) to make it at City.

My gut instinct tells me he could just about make it. Mainly because he's probably Sweden's best prospect up front (I think) and I can't see him not being a starter for Sweden in the future.

I'm not trying to be argumentative M24 and respect your view on this and maybe your heart is ruling your head and you want 'one of our own' to succeed. But, upon what evidence is your gut telling you he is Sweden's best prospect and a nailed-on starter for their national team and that he could get near the level of Aguero ?

Even if it is the dutch league. 20 goals in 23 apps was it? Is still impressive at the age he was so he obviously has potential.

I also don't recall there being another swedish striker in his age range with as much potential and can just imagine him being one of their main strikers in a few years time. Basically by saying gut instinct I mean guess. That's a view without wanting our own to succeed bias. I can't imagine him being anywhere near what Aguero is now as he doesn't appear to be as versatile or agile but I think he can prove some worth as a traditional striker - maybe here as a 3rd or 4th choice striker, maybe elsewhere but definitely premier league level.

we should never have loaned him to a manager who thought that Ched Evans was a better player than Daniel Sturridge. If he was called Blodwyn Guidetti he may get a chance

(edit) mind you called luck to you today mark

MOTD presenter Gary Lineker
Stoke 1-0 Man Utd
"So windy is it at Stoke there's a real fear that should Ashley Young dive he could be be lifted clean out of the stadium."

Made me spit my brew out!

RandomJ said:
schfc6 said:
As someone said, he should if he's close to our first team be scoring for fun at EDS level. Our other strikers would score goals galore in the league. I understand he's young and been off the pace through no fault of his own for sometime but I really do think we should have cashed in on him.

If he doesn't cut it at Stoke, his valuation and reputation will decrease.

Currently I think he's a player with decent potential and a reputation he may not deserve. Currently I think we could perhaps get £6-£8 million, if he fails to impress at Stoke, what's his value then?

I personally don't believe he will ever be good enough for City.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see it.

How can he cut it at Stoke if the useless **** that is his manager doesn't give him a chance? Surely we put a recall clause on the loan so we could get him back and send him somewhere else. If he gets no game time today then I will be convinced Hughes is just doing it out of spite.

I wouldn't argue with you here, I think Hughes is awful his eye for a player poor. I'll never forget watching Vassell playing z'wing' and SWP in a central 3 man midfield. I agree he's a clown.

However, that's irrelevant, if Guidetti doesn't force his way into the side, his value will fall further.

My concerns, Guidetti not good enough for us, yet too good not to get a decent fee for him. United have balanced their books for years getting top money for their cast offs, think £5 million Richardson, £4 million O'shea.

I hope the lad gets a chance, but he's not good enough for City, I don't think anyway, so our aim, help the player and the club get the best deal for both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.