Guidetti Loan Watch

mansour's tow ropes said:
It's bizarre that they went through the trouble of signing Ireland so they could loan him

Not really that bizarre. I suppose he's still riding on the bandwagon of his one 'superman' season and probably still talks the talk. Also Hughesless would have had fond memories of him and would think he might be able to rediscover his form of old. But they've had a chance now to have a proper look at him up close in training and on the pitch and see him for what he is.

Suppose it was bizarre that a team of workhorses like Stoke would have signed him in the first place.

CITYBOY1000 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
It's bizarre that they went through the trouble of signing Ireland so they could loan him

Not really that bizarre. I suppose he's still riding on the bandwagon of his one 'superman' season and probably still talks the talk. Also Hughesless would have had fond memories of him and would think he might be able to rediscover his form of old. But they've had a chance now to have a proper look at him up close in training and on the pitch and see him for what he is.

Suppose it was bizarre that a team of workhorses like Stoke would have signed him in the first place.
That isnt the case though as they have just given him a 3 year deal.

Stoke have been picking up points over the last 2 months, Guidetti clearly isnt impressing.

Yeah that's a fair point they aint done to bad. Can't see the kid making to much of an impact we might just end up selling him to a Dutch club for about 1-2 mill pending apperances

I am actually surprised we dont hear anything from him. When he went to Stoke and was not getting chance he came out with some hard comments. Since that he hardly got any chances, didnt start one game and most of the time was unused sub.

Sparky maybe only needed someone to put in if Crouch, Walters, Arnautovic, Odemwingie got injured at the same time all four of them. It looks like this was the case and we maybe should have sent him to a team that will play him even if its a weaker team than Stoke. Maybe we wanted to see how he does at a PL team in PL level football.

Well, it didnt work like we planned then...

Dont think Guidetti has much future here. I would think the same if he had a successful loan period at Stoke like he had at Feyenoord. Dont think we would trust a young striker when we can have Dzeko, Negredo, Agüero, Jovetic. And still selling Dzeko for example, we will be on the market to spend again 15-20m on a striker.

Guidetti still can have a good career tho, probably not world class striker and not at City, but he should leave us and start playing a lot. He is 21 maybe or even close to 22, he needs to play lot of games to improve.
Two years in the Dutch league where defences are really shit, he could build up himself there again and then maybe a weaker, or semi strong PL club would even pay 5-10-15m for him, like they did with Wolfsfinkel, Bony or Benteke he came from Belgian league... etc.

One thing is sure his next club should be one where he can expect to play week in week out. Feyenoord, PSV Alkmaar something like this weith potential CL or EL experience on top of it.
Thats so much better way for him than staying in PL at City in the EDS team or hoping to sign for a small PL team but be on bench a lot.

The difficult thing is that he has not really been given any sort of opportunity at Stoke. He also did himself no favours by attacking the management publicly when he didn't get a game.

For all we know, he might actually be doing well in training but just not being given the nod. It's up to Stoke how they run things I guess, but it is a shame that John has gone through yet another wasted period. Still, there is always net season and who knows, if not with City he might pitch up somewhere he is appreciated and given the opportunity? After all, in the 27 minutes or whatever it is he's been given at Stoke, he's come off the bench, put himself about and won a penalty in one game - OK not a massive amount if we are going to judge him, but it changed the game nonetheless.

I get the feeling we are destined never to see if he could make it or not. I hope he goes on to bigger and better things as I feel he is worth more than being bench warmer at the Britannia. I wouldn't mind, but they are safe now so no reason why they couldn't give him a start to see how he fares?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.