Guidetti Loan Watch

117 M34 said:
Maybe, just maybe, he isn't good enough for the premier league!

You could be right but we'll never find out...thing is Clueless keeps putting him on the bench that's either part of the deal or no squad at Stoke.

Should have loaned him to Betis or Malaga, both of whom wanted him and would have given him preferential treatment (weekly starts).

mansour's tow ropes said:
would it be too much to suggest Hughes deliberately loaned him and is not playing him to get his own back on city? .

Yes.

Is it not more of a case that Stoke have been doing pretty well without him in the team recently?

Just because they are 3-1 up doesn't mean that Hughes has to play him for 10 minutes.

Guidetti chose Stoke from the number of clubs that were after him. I can't believe we would have wanted him there with the style of football they play being as far removed from our own style as you could get.

It is possible that in training Hughes doesn't see him as being at the required level? Gobbing off at the start of the loan won't have helped him either.

I recall him coming off the bench when Stoke were playing dire and then winning Stoke a penalty after 3 minutes for Jon Walters to bag which got them back level and saving their skin. Not saying that merits a start but considering they will been missing Walters for one more game and they were plain sailing at 3 -1 then that may have been a good chance to see if he could be potentially used for their next game. Hughes must have a reason for bringing him in if he went to the trouble of signing Stephen Ireland up just to take Guidetti on loan.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Is it not more of a case that Stoke have been doing pretty well without him in the team recently?

Just because they are 3-1 up doesn't mean that Hughes has to play him for 10 minutes.

Guidetti chose Stoke from the number of clubs that were after him. I can't believe we would have wanted him there with the style of football they play being as far removed from our own style as you could get.

It is possible that in training Hughes doesn't see him as being at the required level? Gobbing off at the start of the loan won't have helped him either.

6a00d83451bc4a69e20148c782f74e970c-pi

Really needed to do well on this loan to have a chance at city . His last year on his deal next season I believe, and can't really walk into our rotation after how this loan has gone.

Think he'll be sold in the summer tbh. Probably 4/5 million.

K-Bo said:
Really needed to do well on this loan to have a chance at city . His last year on his deal next season I believe, and can't really walk into our rotation after how this loan has gone.

4-5 million? On what basis? He's never scored a premier league goal, not even appeared for us in the league.
Unless he gets some serious appearances/goals in, 4-5 million is a pipe dream IMO, all he's got is 'potential'

quiet_riot said:
K-Bo said:

4-5 million? On what basis? He's never scored a premier league goal, not even appeared for us in the league.
Unless he gets some serious appearances/goals in, 4-5 million is a pipe dream IMO, all he's got is 'potential'

Believe it or not there are other leagues. He scored 20+ last season for Feyenoord and I reckon there'd be plenty of continental teasm willing to pay £4m for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.