Guidetti ...

thenabster

What's really going on with Guidetti? Ever since Feynoord and the mysterious virus he's been pretty much unavailable from the first team. What was the virus actually? and has it really gone away? Secondly, I remember that in January it appeared that the virus had been healed and that he was returning to fitness which was displayed by his appearances with the EDS after that. Now I suppose that playing with the EDS during the second part of the season meant the virus was gone and that and was getting back to fitness but during this pre season it appears he's going to miss 2 months for something unknown? Why is he not fit. is it the virus? is he just injured? What's up with that?

I really hope he gets pack on track with his career. He such a beast and he would do so well for us. It would be such a pity if all these niggles side track his career.

thenabster said:
HolisticJim said:
Quickly becoming another Micheal Johnson injury wise.
It is right and that's something I really don't want to happen.

He was on his way back to fitness after the virus but picked up a knee injury during one of the last EDS games.

MillionDollarDream said:
thenabster said:
HolisticJim said:
It is right and that's something I really don't want to happen.

He was on his way back to fitness after the virus but picked up a knee injury during one of the last EDS games.

ahhh better. So he's suffering from a knee injury. That's ok then.

I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Twice I have forgotten he existed and it is only thanks to this forum that I am reminded of his existence.

Some guys just don't make it through, which is why I get really pissed off when (in general football) some make it through but don't make the most of it.

HolisticJim said:

His injury record is worrying, and has echoes of Michael Johnson - but you're right to restrict the comparison the just his injuries - and that's what gives me hope in Guidetti's case.

The biggest problem for Michael Johnson existed inside his own head - he crumbled under the challenge the injuries presented him because his mental strength, attitude and desire just weren't there.

Guidetti couldn't be more different - he is incredibly driven, has huge self-belief and is clearly strong enough as a character to deal with the considerable problems he's faced over the last 18 months.

He will get back to playing, and will be a very good striker again - I hope its for us, however it may be at another Club. But I have no doubt he will do it.

He couldn't be more different from Michael Johnson in that respect if he tried

you want to see how he's doing?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.com/citytv/Interviews/2013/John-Guidetti-pre-season-tour-2013-interview-South-Africa?play=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.com/citytv/Interviews/2 ... ica?play=1</a>

It's nothing unusual to pick up an injury after coming back from a major one. Either way MP rates him and when he's ready, we'll see him. We don't need to rush him back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.