Guidetti ...

He'll get fit by January, we loan him out for the remainder of the season, dzeko leaves next season, and if guidetti has impressed on loan again, which I think he will... He gets Alsace in the quartet of strikers we have grown accustomed to having.

No rush, and no he isn't another Michael Johnson. More driven and focused.... And seems to stay away from the booze. Plus, he seems very popular with the squad.

Not fair to compare him to MJ. MJ's body just wasn't suited for the rigors of football, despite his technique.

There are many decent players that don't make it because their body can't cope.

HolisticJim said:
Quickly becoming another Micheal Johnson injury wise.
Considering he had a virus and is currently returning back to fitness from a slight knee injury, there is absolutely no comparison at all.

He got thrown into the pool by Vinny and Joe... That means he'll be in the first team squad in a few weeks.

Shame for him to have such bad luck, I hope he comes back and goes on to have a long and successful career.

I'm not sure that will be with us though. The reports I've heard from people who regularly go to EDS games say that he might be a little bit short of the standard required.

His goal scoring record at Feyenoord was astonishing, however if you look at the videos of his goals, there is about 10 penalties and his technique appears to be a bit short of PL standard.

Sincerely hope I'm wrong and he goes on to score 200 goals for City. Either way I wish him all the best with his injury and his future.

I've seen very little of this guy. Is there anyone who is familiar enough with him to make a comparison between this lad and, say, Daniel Sturridge at an equivalent age? If he's roughly the same or not quite as good, then I won't get too excited.

Wouldn't mind a full season loan to a Premiership club with the option to recall him back. I'd love him to go to either Sunderland, Swansea, WBA or Villa. Needs plenty of game time though depends who can offer him the most. All those who say he won't get a look in, I'd sooner ship Dzeko off if he carries on his lackluster performances from last year.

yatesy94 said:
Wouldn't mind a full season loan to a Premiership club with the option to recall him back. I'd love him to go to either Sunderland, Swansea, WBA or Villa. Needs plenty of game time though depends who can offer him the most. All those who say he won't get a look in, I'd sooner ship Dzeko off if he carries on his lackluster performances from last year.

I would agree with shipping out dzeko but more for the reason that he will most likely be third choice for the main striker role and don't think he is going to be happy at being down the pecking order again when he knows he could be the main striker for lots of other clubs. I also can't see him extending his contract if he isn't going to be the main striker so best to sell now than next year when his value will be even less imo

I really want this guy to succeed and become "the next Ibra" as everyone is billing him, but seriously how long has it been now that he is almost ready to start training again. Months ago he was "almost there". Good luck to him, from what I hear (90% of what I've heard about him has come from this forum) he's one hell of a striker.

Tid bit- Guidetti has made 1 senor team appearance which came in a league cup match in which he provided the assist for the only goal of the match. He also leads all of Europe's major leagues in the famous discussion to games played ratio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.