Guidetti ...

FantasyIreland said:
karen7 said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I've been calling for gudetti for a while but I'm starting to get tired of it now he's never going to get a chance at the first team..and honestly if I was a young prospect I would never want to go to city as I'll never get a chance to break in the first team ..all this new training ground shit is for nothing at this rate if we keep buying players for 30 million ..if this continues we won't get any top kids wanting to develop in our system..and if Suarez becomes a beast than that would justify my opinion

INJURED

Is he though? or is he in rehab still and nearing fitness?

It would be wonderful for some kind of progress report.....

An update would be good

hmm..the virus was really rare one that panalyzed only the right leg of Guidetti. He said it was because of a drumstick he ate. Don't poke the chicken, the chicken will poke you back..

LoveCity said:
eddiemarin09 said:
karen7 said:
I understand that I still don't get the feeling it's going to happen even when he's fit

But your post was about lack of chances... it's 100% sure Guidetti was penciled in for some Premier League games late last season before his ligament injury, so the chance would have been there. And had he taken it, maybe we would have signed one less striker or sold Dzeko since Pellegrini likes Guidetti.

Truth is, there haven't been enough good talents to push the first teamers in the last few years. Guidetti has been the first but plagued by injuries/illness. Lopes and Rekik are perhaps the second and third and we'll see how they get on. Rekik has done very well for PSV but is recovering from surgery now and will be playing against soon. And if he keeps improving, maybe there will be a place for him especially since fellow left-footer Lescott is probably on his way.
My only problem is we're going to bolster our defense especially for next season we will have a crowd fighting for spots..I don't see our current transfer policy allowing rekik to get a fair chance ..key word fair chance not one league cup game and then we don't see him until the next cup game

Since he is in full training, I think an EDS appearance could happen soon. Then maybe one or two first team appearances off the bench in smaller games (I guess Newcastle in the League Cup will be too soon?), then a loan move in January to see where he's at.

I think we might see him against Moscow for the EDS next week if he can play in that, hopefully we can see him in the Newcastle cup game as well.

Surely someone who has missed so much football will need at least several EDS games before he's even considered for first team duty. He needs to be fully match fit and banging in goals for the juniors before he's even given a spot on the bench for a Capital One game.

cibaman said:
Surely someone who has missed so much football will need at least several EDS games before he's even considered for first team duty. He needs to be fully match fit and banging in goals for the juniors before he's even given a spot on the bench for a Capital One game.
I agree. I would say he'd need a good few months playing for the EDS, then for the rest of the season get him out on loan somewhere. The lad needs to play football, and a few EDS games and then being sat on the bench or not even making the bench for the first team isn't going to do him any good. Training only provides a small platform to develop, at his age he needs to be playing footy. But he's not going to be anywhere near ready for the first team for a good while.

ell said:
eddiemarin09 said:
I've been calling for gudetti for a while but I'm starting to get tired of it now he's never going to get a chance at the first team..and honestly if I was a young prospect I would never want to go to city as I'll never get a chance to break in the first team ..all this new training ground shit is for nothing at this rate if we keep buying players for 30 million ..if this continues we won't get any top kids wanting to develop in our system..and if Suarez becomes a beast than that would justify my opinion

Explain?
Meaning if Denis Suarez ends up playing for the first team in Barcelona and becomes a future piece to that puzzle that is still considered a champions league contender year after year then In my opinion it shows that maybe England isn't an ideal place to produce or nurture young talent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.