Guidetti

Re: Giudetti

This lad is deadwood .
The rest of the deadwood we need to get rid of is Sinclair , Richards , Boyata , and Garcia .
We still need to get rid of 5 players at end of this month .

MeatHunterrr said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Would it mean possibly 1 more in if he goes,with negredo out?
I would guess no. BBC have reported that our business is done now Mangala signed.

From the BBC.

Eliaquim Mangala: Man City sign Porto defender for £32m

Manchester City have signed defender Eliaquim Mangala from Porto for a fee understood to be about £32m.
The 23-year-old Frenchman came close to joining City in January and was inadvertently pictured in a 'signing' video on the club's website last month.
Mangala has signed a five-year deal.
City boss Manuel Pellegrini said: "He has all of the mental, physical, technical and tactical attributes to become one of Europe's very best defenders."
He added: "Eliaquim is a player I believe will make an immediate impact in the Premier League, thanks to his physicality, his reading of the game and quality on the ball.
"I think he will prove to be a great signing for us."
Eliaquim Mangala
Mangala made his France debut in June 2013
Mangala was in France's 2014 World Cup squad but did not play in any games.
"City is a top club in Europe," he told the City website.
"For me, it was an important step to leave Porto and join Manchester City in order to continue my progress.
"I want to win titles and I believe I can do this. I am ambitious and this is why I am here."
He has become City's sixth summer signing and their second from Porto, after Brazilian midfielder Fernando joined for about £12m.
Former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard joined on loan from New York City FC, while fellow midfielder Bruno Zuculini was signed from Argentine side Racing Club.
Goalkeeper Willy Caballero moved from Malaga for £4.4m while former Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna was signed on a free transfer.
Mangala began his career with Standard Liege in 2008, winning the league in his first season, before joining Porto in 2011.
He won two Portuguese titles and made his France debut in a 1-0 defeat by Uruguay in June 2013.
Mangala added: "The fact that Fernando is here is better because I played with him at Porto but there is also other players that I know like Sagna, [Gael] Clichy and [Samir] Nasri."

Rammy Blue said:
Daz_Blue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 4m
AD: Feyenoord have opened talks with representatives of City striker John Guidetti (22) over a permanent deal. City will let him go for £4m.

Another Txiki miracle if he pulls it off. Finally we seem capable of shifting the deadwood. Maybe we've installed a "no loans" policy, other than with the kids?

Be interesting to see if we have a buy back/percentage of sell on fee in any deal.

Good for Guidetti. He was very well liked at Feyenoord.

I cant see it being 4m up front,maybe with every add on under the sun.

Anyway,the most important thing now is to let him go,its not good for either party having him on the books any longer.At one time I really thought we had a star..... but he has not developed and now looks lethargic and cumbersome,hopefully this report is true so he can maybe rediscover that early potential.

Feyenoord are close to agreeing a deal to take Manchester City outcast John Guidetti back to De Kuip this summer, according to Dutch sources.

The Sweden international impressed during a loan spell with the Eredivisie side two years ago and reports in Holland claim the 22-year old tops Fred Rutten’s wishlist following the departure of star striker Graziano Pelle - who left for Southampton last month.

It has been reported that the forward was the topic of conversation in a meeting between Feyenoord’s technical director Martin van Geel and the Swede’s representatives.

Negotiations for the 22-year-old may drag on, however, with City refusing to lower their £5m valuation.

Guidetti is still yet to feature for City in the Premier League and spent the second half of last season on loan at Stoke but failed to score in a disappointing spell for the Potters

FantasyIreland said:
Feyenoord are close to agreeing a deal to take Manchester City outcast John Guidetti back to De Kuip this summer, according to Dutch sources.

The Sweden international impressed during a loan spell with the Eredivisie side two years ago and reports in Holland claim the 22-year old tops Fred Rutten’s wishlist following the departure of star striker Graziano Pelle - who left for Southampton last month.

It has been reported that the forward was the topic of conversation in a meeting between Feyenoord’s technical director Martin van Geel and the Swede’s representatives.

Negotiations for the 22-year-old may drag on, however, with City refusing to lower their £5m valuation.

Guidetti is still yet to feature for City in the Premier League and spent the second half of last season on loan at Stoke but failed to score in a disappointing spell for the Potters

Last paragraph....disapointing spell at Stoke....failed to score ....how can he score sitting on the bench

I see what youre saying Daz but the reason he was on the bench,and failed to score...... was because he wasn't good enough,in the first place,to get in a team ahead of other piss poor strikers.

FantasyIreland said:
I see what youre saying Daz but the reason he was on the bench,and failed to score...... was because he wasn't good enough,in the first place,to get in a team ahead of other piss poor strikers.

Probably more that he slagged Hughes for not playing him in front of piss poor strikers.

One of those players that I don't care whether he stays or goes.

I hope he enjoys his second spell in the Dutch league. 4m is about right I would have been asking a lot more seeing as Feyenoord are getting a quality attacker.

I know he had an unfortunate incident with food poisoning, but the lad is 22 and has had 1 good season in Holland and has achieved nothing in the game. He represents potential but obviously he wasn't prepared to knuckle down at Stoke, Hughes wanted him to work hard and impress but he thought that he was owed a place as he was obviously much better than the strikers they had there.

Well lets compare them then: Marko Arnautović, is a hot head and not a natural goal scorer but he a technically skilful creative forward who played a free role. JG is a front to goal striker, not creative and not at the same skill level- apples and oranges.

Peter Crouch, scored 8 goals, more than the season below, only scored more than that in 4 premier league seasons. Obviously he adds more than goals, such as is height and ability to hold the ball up. More ideal for when a team is in a scrap than Guidetti.

Jon Walters, technically limited, appalling penalty record not a high scorer, but works his socks off. Which is something JG didn't want to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.