Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of change this summer by the looks of it with us potentially losing ferna, gundo, jesus, sterling potentially even 1 more. Whilst it's sad to see them go can't help but be excited with an inevitably freshened team in what looks like it will be the 3rd generation of pep
It’s always with a heavy heart to see great players retire or leave.
it’s softened by the fact Pep will build another generation.
i will be watching the goal celebrations for any clues.

One of the best things we’ve done with our recruitment over the last decade is make sure we have a bedrock of consummate professionals in the squad and a lot of other players have benefitted hugely from having them around in terms of keeping their egos in check and making sure they know that effort is the first requirement.

Gundogan has been one of those every day since he joined. A great professional, a fantastic bloke and a bloody brilliant footballer too.

All the very best to him whatever he chooses to do, if he does become a coach, which wouldn’t surprise me at all, I’d welcome him back with open arms in a heartbeat.

Top top class during his time at the club. I hope he stays 1 more season. With Ferna going I was hopeful he would stay for 1 more year. He has to be replaced long term who that is I dont know but we need to make sure we have good back up as Rodri cant play 50 plus games a year.

Ever since he tore us apart for Dortmund I have loves watching him play. When we signed him I thought we had signed the best midfielder in the league. I didn't count on De Bruyne's trajectory, but in terms of touch, awareness and passing he is a sensational player. And he showed his superior football brain by, when playing further forwards, scoring with such ease.

It sounds as though injuries have caught up with him and I wish him all the best. Ferny and Ilkay leaving will be big losses. He hasnt had the best season but it took him about 2 mins in Madrid to identify an area to hurt them and he was instrumental in the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.