Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not a big fan of Gundo at the start, but he won me over and I will be very sad to see him go. I was 100% wrong and he is a hell of a player. And no one asked but Gundo over Nasri every day for me

For me, we look like the ultimate Pep team when Gundo is in there. He has perfect technique, patience and killer instinct.
David Silva and Gundo are were the two players who could slow the game down to their pace and then pick it up again as they wish.

Amazing player. Thank you Ilkay!
Won the league due to him last year. Never my favourite player but made a massive contribution

I didn’t mean footballing intelligence to be fair.

I meant all round brain smarts. He just oozes it.
Footballing intelligence, David Silva no question, in my humble opinion of course. In 10 years time I'll still think(fondly) of all the games he used to receive the ball in tight spaces and use it intelligently. And Silva's lock picking was second to none.

Sorry to digress as this thread is about Gundogan, not Silva and Gundo has been a fine servant and model pro to this club.

It's probably a good time for him to leave, and he'll leave us with his head held high and another PL medal to add to his CV.

Footballing intelligence, David Silva no question, in my humble opinion of course. In 10 years time I'll still think(fondly) of all the games he used to receive the ball in tight spaces and use it intelligently. And Silva's lock picking was second to none.

Sorry to digress as this thread is about Gundogan, not Silva and Gundi has been a fine servant and model pro to this club.

It's probably a good time for him to leave, and he'll leave us with his head held highand another PL medal to add to his CV.
Can’t argue with any of that.

I guess the other fundamental difference between Silva and Gundogan is that David was a nasty little bastard at times.

Gundogan was never that and he challenged us at times when he didn’t go thundering in to a challenge to change the nature of a match if we weren’t doing so well.

I do think I saw him finally win a 50/50 challenge against Newcastle, so he’s learnt all he can from the English game, so it’s time for him to move on.

Elite player with an elite mentality who overcame some really bad injuries and has been a pleasure to watch.

I'll miss seeing the ball on its way to him and he is quickly looking around, already figuring out where it is going next.

Such a classy player. I hate to see him go as I hate to see just about everyone go who puts in a good long stint with the club.

But I think it's the right time. Not super-enthused at new contracts for players getting up there in years.

Also you have to think Foden or Grealish will move into one of the 8 slots. (For me, Grealish). Sort of hard to figure who will take over the tempo-controlling role Gundo has that has a football hipster term for it which I have forgotten. Foden and Grealish being much different players to him.

Pep will sort it out. I imagine with Thor playing up front the entire attack may be radically different in tempo and execution and perhaps moving Gundo on is tied in to that.

One of the players who's been slagged off the most on here, certainly until his big season when he was undoubtedly instrumental in us lifting the title, but listening to everybody now gushing about him like this is embarrassing. I thought he was bang average until that season and would have been anonymous in many teams. Maybe that's a little unkind and I'm grateful for what any player does for us, unlike many of those who slate them every time they have a bad game, but I dont think he'll really be missed at all if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.