Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the other thread, a pure class individual in every way, and will be missed for sure. His control, silkiness, and finishing were all exemplary when we needed them to be. A stalwart part of our greatest-ever period.

This absolutely necessitates the need for a CDM, then. And probably an 8, too.

My worry is that all the focus on rebuilding the midfield will mean we lose the track of signing a RB, too. To fully complete this squad, it will need to look something like this, for me:

Ederson / Steffen
Walker / New RB - Laporte / Ake - Dias / Stones - Cancelo / Zinny
Rodri / New CDM
KDB / New 8 - Bernardo / Grealish
Mahrez / Sterling - Haaland / Alvarez - Foden / Grealish

If the club feels Nunes can do the job of both back-up CDM and a general 8, then I trust them. But I think ideally we would flex our muscles and spend enough to cover all the positions properly. Walker isn't getting any younger, as well.
Surprised you didn't put Grealish at right back as well

Top Top Class of player. Started off a bit rough with the knee injury, but ever since then he's been so good for us. Stepped in for Silva in 17/18, filled in for ferna in the 18/19 end of the season run in and maybe most importantly was a major factor in us winning the title and getting to the champs league final last year.

Seems like he's a top class bloke off the field as well, hope he's able to handle the back injury and be able to play a couple more years.

I've never forget what he did to davinson sanchez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.