Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody seems to be suggesting a 4-3-3
Whilst this method helps teams control games (especially where the right players are involved), there is usually not enough up front to undo parked buses - a common theme in the EPL. Number two, even though Pep has used many formations in Bayern, he usually favours a 4-1-4-1 (which is more similar with the EPL beloved 4-2-3-1) more than 4-3-3. I really don't know where the 4-3-3 talk came from or maybe we have not yet gotten over his time with barca

4141 is more similar to 433 than 4231

4141 is more similar to 433 than 4231

It was all drivel. Formations are usually summed up in 3/4 numbers that mean fuck all.

I'd understand if it was subbuteo but since when do players stand still for 90 minutes?

Take a 4-1-4-1, watch the wide players run down the wings and you have a 4-3-3 with a single pivot in midfield.

Look at Kimmich and Alaba playing at centre back for Bayern last night, they didn't exactly stay rigidly in the centre of defence and that's the one position that you would expect your players to not stray from.

Debating what 3/4 numbers Pep will use to restrict his team's positional play is ridiculous as he's the most flexible tactician I have seen in European football.

If we buy Gundogan we've literally no need for Xhaka whatsoever, not sure why so many think both are on the cards. Pogba and Gundogan in, Yaya and Fernando out and we're set in midfield. Fuck I hope we sign them.

If we buy Gundogan we've literally no need for Xhaka whatsoever, not sure why so many think both are on the cards. Pogba and Gundogan in, Yaya and Fernando out and we're set in midfield. Fuck I hope we sign them.
No need for Xhaka? we will have literally no defensive midfielders. Xhaka is a leader and anker back there. OFC we need some like that over the most... Xhaka is more realistic than Pogba and like in Vidal and Xabi Pep likes that sitting-back midfielder and Xhaka could develop into an exceptional general under the right management.

Then again, we could sign all three of Xhaka, gundgoan and Pogba for all we know :)

Is he any good? Like really good, enough to improve the first team and provide something we've lacked in our shit performances this season? We really don't need another average/occasionally good when he's arsed player. We need someone that can stop us getting fucked over by teams that work hard or press.

He's got to be better than Fernando, but is he as good as Busquets or Fabregas or even Coutinho? What does he do, get stuck in, pick out amazing passes, score goals from midfield? Or just tick things over unspectacularly?

Is he any good? Like really good, enough to improve the first team and provide something we've lacked in our shit performances this season? We really don't need another average/occasionally good when he's arsed player. We need someone that can stop us getting fucked over by teams that work hard or press.

He's got to be better than Fernando, but is he as good as Busquets or Fabregas or even Coutinho? What does he do, get stuck in, pick out amazing passes, score goals from midfield? Or just tick things over unspectacularly?
Firstly: what kind of comparison is Xhaka and Bisc to Coutinho and Fabregas who are overrated as very few in this world and arent even on that position. Second: yes, this lad has huge potential in every department and is already miles ahead of Fernando in every department. Just trust in what Pep wants, he rarely fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.