Stones
Laporte
Xhaka
Gundogan (done)
Pogba (done)
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sane

anybody else want to chip in?
Stones/Laporte - why? We'll have 4 CB's already, I suppose Mangala would have to leave alongside MDM for that to happen; or have 5 in the squad & play 3 at the back (not convinced by that decision).

Xhaka/Gundogan/Pogba, any 2 (preferably the latter 2) of those 3 would be fantastic signings. Absolutely the area we need to improve in - them alone would be a more than decent window.

Ox/Sane - again why? Maybe as a Navas replacement, maybe for the future, maybe purely for nationality, but neither are top quality players yet.

After CM's our biggest weakness is absolutely fullbacks, I suppose all these rumours of CB's would point towards perhaps playing 3 at the back, but I'd still be surprised if we didn't end up getting in at least 1 new fullback (probably LB).

Ideally for me Pogba, Gundogan & LB + RB; or if we must do 3 at the back Laporte over Stones.

Will be a great signing and at 25, 26 in the new year is a great age.

Stones/Laporte - why? We'll have 4 CB's already, I suppose Mangala would have to leave alongside MDM for that to happen; or have 5 in the squad & play 3 at the back (not convinced by that decision).

Xhaka/Gundogan/Pogba, any 2 (preferably the latter 2) of those 3 would be fantastic signings. Absolutely the area we need to improve in - them alone would be a more than decent window.

Ox/Sane - again why? Maybe as a Navas replacement, maybe for the future, maybe purely for nationality, but neither are top quality players yet.

After CM's our biggest weakness is absolutely fullbacks, I suppose all these rumours of CB's would point towards perhaps playing 3 at the back, but I'd still be surprised if we didn't end up getting in at least 1 new fullback (probably LB).

Ideally for me Pogba, Gundogan & LB + RB; or if we must do 3 at the back Laporte over Stones.

Pretty much agree with all of this logic...!! Few pals of mine who are Everton fans are desperate for us to spunk a wad on Stones. Both reckon he's a bang average defender, although good on the ball...!! Hope we don't fall for it and get Laporte if we're indeed going for a CB

Even from a bench role I would expect he'd see lots of game time. Its a long season and as we've seen this year, we really need quality depth

Not to mention Pep will rotate players a ton, especially in his first season here.

I've been thinking..I read somewhere a while back that Xhaka would be something like 39m this summer but has a release clause much lower next summer. What if we tell his agent, give us a year and we will be back for you. Reduces the price, gives us another year out of Fern, and then when next summer rolls around we thank Fern for his work for the club and bring in Xhaka and our midfield bosses the PL for a decade:

Pogba Gundogan
Xhaka

On of those 4 is 30 in April and injury prone the other is 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.