Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
childish I know but whenever Gundogan's name is mentioned I just think of this character
sRNHIPj.gif

Our salary structure is highly bonus driven, any figure quoted is going to be inaccurate because the nature of a bonus structure is that you don’t really know what your getting and it can’t be represented by a single figure. £85K a week with up to double that in bonuses is probably not far off what we are willing to pay players (if the results warrant it) but you also have to factor in the fee element.

A players wages are determined by a calculation that also reflects the fee. A club would calculate the total they would be willing to pay over 5 years and work back as follows:

A player worth £50m over 5 years might result in a package of £24m fee and £26m wages (£100k per week). If the same player was available on a free then you could pay them £192k a week and the cost to the club would be less over the 5 years. That is why Milner is the highest paid player at the dippers and probably one of the top in the league as he was a free agent. When you add in payments to agents it gets more complicated. Papers who quote wages figures like that are simplifying something to the point it is meaningless.

On of those 4 is 30 in April and injury prone the other is 28.
What's your point exactly? If we're playing 2 CB's then 4 is plenty; we''ll have a 20 y/o (Denayer), 25 y/o (Mangala), 28 y/o (Otamendi) & 30 y/o (Kompany). That to me is a good blend of ages, experienced couple & promising couple. We wouldn't need another CB unless one of those 4 also leaves with MDM or we play 3 at the back in which case 1 backup CB probably isn't enough.

Must say, I've only watched him a few times, but all of the signs point to him being at City next season. Needless to say, I'll be highly interested in watching him today and next week in the europa league matches with spurs. It is a pretty damn good measure for us to see how he holds up against a midfield that we struggled with this season.

German geezer on talksh*t previewing tonight's game v spuds , extolling Gundogan's abilities , then telling us that he is happy where he is and probably won't go to City, and then told us that no player is worth £100m !
Pick the sense out of any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.