Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is very difficult to predict what full backs will stay and will go. They all have their pros and cons (Kolarov is the only one in my opinion that is a bit of a liability). Whilst none look like ‘Pep players’ I can’t see a situation where we get rid of all 4 or even 3 of the 4. We will just have to see how it pans out.
Agreed.

Sounds a terrible idea to me. End up with 6 CB's, meaning 4 won't be playing the majority of the season. Have all our back-up players as players who aren't natural in those positions (i.e. you suggest CB's as fullbacks & CB's/FB's as midfielders..).

Playing players out of their natural position is pretty much what has got us into such a mess this season IMO, building a team so that we have everyone out of position is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Much simpler to buy in positions we need, rather than stock a position we're pre-stocked in & then shoe-horning all the other more important matters.

Stones has played more times at right back than centre this season Mangala can play left back. Vinnie is nearly 30 and is injury prone Ottimendi still plays for Argentina and as per Sergio puts a lot of travelling miles. A successful season would see us playing 60 games a stupendous season 71 game's.

My honest opinion, very good player but hasn't he been crocked for the past 2 seasons! Maybe Jovetic mrk 2. Probably why know on else is in for him

No, he hasn't. Maybe you're thinking of somebody else?

Stones has played more times at right back than centre this season Mangala can play left back. Vinnie is nearly 30 and is injury prone Ottimendi still plays for Argentina and as per Sergio puts a lot of travelling miles. A successful season would see us playing 60 games a stupendous season 71 game's.
I know Stones has played at RB a few times this season, but more than CB? Sounds like a made up "fact" that given Colemans involvement in the majority of matches. He's simply not a RB, he's a CB by trade & should play there; Sterling beat him easily numerous times when he was at RB against us & should have cost his side a penalty.

I fail to see what qualities Mangala gives at LB, he struggles to pass & can't say I've ever seen him attempt to cross a ball.. You say he can play LB, but when did he last do so? Not researched this but far as I'm aware he was out & out CB at Porto. (He used to be utilised as a Striker early in his career, that certainly doesn't mean he can play there though).

A key area of our attacking play for the last few years has been Zabaleta & Kolarov/Clichy bombing down the wings offering themselves to get crosses in the box. If you think Stones/Mangala as fullbacks will have anything to offer in that department I'd be surprised.

Again what is your point about the number of games? We currently have 4 CB's, with the same personnel you've mentioned, except we have MDM who is 35 & Argentinian so also has these "travelling miles". Next season we will have the same original 3 & Denayer, who's 20 & not even a starter for Belgium so will be far fresher. Are we suddenly expecting a significant increase in number of games next season? Because it seems an invalid point, in fact as I've shown we'd be likely to be better off next season even with no additions at CB in that aspect.

1 addition to CB could be valid if we're playing 3 at the back next season or if we offload 2 (MDM + Mangala); otherwise stocking up on 6 CB's is a huge waste of money & will hugely unbalance the squad defensively.

Throw all our money at Gundogan & Weigl and I'll be happy.

Maybe a couple of full backs, but those two players (plus Pep, of course) would take us to a completely different level. Unbelievably good passers.

I know Stones has played at RB a few times this season, but more than CB? Sounds like a made up "fact" that given Colemans involvement in the majority of matches. He's simply not a RB, he's a CB by trade & should play there; Sterling beat him easily numerous times when he was at RB against us & should have cost his side a penalty.

I fail to see what qualities Mangala gives at LB, he struggles to pass & can't say I've ever seen him attempt to cross a ball.. You say he can play LB, but when did he last do so? Not researched this but far as I'm aware he was out & out CB at Porto. (He used to be utilised as a Striker early in his career, that certainly doesn't mean he can play there though).

A key area of our attacking play for the last few years has been Zabaleta & Kolarov/Clichy bombing down the wings offering themselves to get crosses in the box. If you think Stones/Mangala as fullbacks will have anything to offer in that department I'd be surprised.

Again what is your point about the number of games? We currently have 4 CB's, with the same personnel you've mentioned, except we have MDM who is 35 & Argentinian so also has these "travelling miles". Next season we will have the same original 3 & Denayer, who's 20 & not even a starter for Belgium so will be far fresher. Are we suddenly expecting a significant increase in number of games next season? Because it seems an invalid point, in fact as I've shown we'd be likely to be better off next season even with no additions at CB in that aspect.

1 addition to CB could be valid if we're playing 3 at the back next season or if we offload 2 (MDM + Mangala); otherwise stocking up on 6 CB's is a huge waste of money & will hugely unbalance the squad defensively.

I don't see us offloading Mangala. By having 3 center half's who are capable of playing fullbacks means that a one quality left and right back to help replace Zabaleta, Clichy Sagna and AK with nothing blocking the development of maffeo and Angelino. Vinnie cannot be rushed back again and is heading towards the end of his career. Because we haven't recruited in coherent manner over the last 4 years. We have outside of Hart a back line with and average of 30 and all of them have missed more than league game's due to injury aside from Ottimendi. Pep's not coming to win just the title, he's coming to win everything and everything is 7 trophies and atleast 71 game's.

My honest opinion, very good player but hasn't he been crocked for the past 2 seasons! Maybe Jovetic mrk 2. Probably why know on else is in for him
He had a genetic problem with his back mate. Hes fine now. Not like jovetic who would sneeze and claim he had an illness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.