Guvnor General.

graham1312 said:
Chicken Kiev said:
These pathetic low life cowards shamed the game and the club. Why do people glorify these brainless idiots? I will not buy such shit the guy is a scum bag low life as are all the people like him.

Don't buy the book, spit in his face!

obviously you are either too young to remember the early 80s or you were too much of a coward to stand up and fight for your team allongside fellow blues when the occassion warrented it
first bit of the name give's it away,probably a lib dem supporter

If you went to away games throughout the 70s and 80s you had a good idea of the games where it would kick off. Living in wigan 3 of us would travel to manchester and get on the train to be with a large group of blues, even when we played in liverpool. This was after a few years of being sussed out and set upon by larger groups of rival fans . If you were with a large mob the chances of getting hit by rival fans was pretty slim as long as you stuck together.

Just read this on holiday. It was a good read. I went to many of the matches he writes about. I was fcking glad the young guvnors were at London bridge station for that Millwall match. We would probably have had the shit kicked out of us if they werent.

I find most hooligan books one sided with "we battered them" and "we had 12 against their 50" etc..... This book has a bit of that in it but he gives a pretty unbiased assessment in my view.

Anyway for anyone who went away in the 80's its a decent read.

Not sure if he is insinuating that Noel gallagher was in the Guvnors? He credits him in the back.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Just read this on holiday. It was a good read. I went to many of the matches he writes about. I was fcking glad the young guvnors were at London bridge station for that Millwall match. We would probably have had the shit kicked out of us if they werent.

I find most hooligan books one sided with "we battered them" and "we had 12 against their 50" etc..... This book has a bit of that in it but he gives a pretty unbiased assessment in my view.

Anyway for anyone who went away in the 80's its a decent read.

Not sure if he is insinuating that Noel gallagher was in the Guvnors? He credits him in the back.

Noel Gallagher a Guvnor ?..............lol !

All these hoolie books would be put to shame if Donald francis wrote a book
Every book you read always mention him in some way or another
the guvnors loads about donald
sully book loads about donald

also note daft donald is & has never been hard he is from midd & daft as a brush
the real Donald Francis
is a legend,a gentleman,& sorted guy & shys away from his hoolie days
he is a family man now.
out of the francis brothers he is the one i would have by my side tough smart clever & bloody hard
he ran the cool cats, the mayne line the ssc,(secret service crew)

What do you know about him nowadays ???
saw him @ arsenal in the carling cup his brother micky was there
& few european games last season

Have read the book and its an honest tale of how things were in the 80's enjoyed it and good luck to Benny.
At least these lads had a bit of get up and go for CITY and they would stand and fight rather then gob off in the ground then melt away outside.
Anyone who travelled knows this and they certainly would not let others attempt to take the piss !!

blueju said:
Just go on youtube and put in 'Russian gang fight'...none of that bouncing about and running in flailing for a couple of seconds that we grew up with.
Absolutely this. Proper fighting, not a few digs before running back to the safety of a pack and doing what can only be described as an odd looking, funny dance. Not glorifying it there either, just a case of if you're going to do it, at least do it right.
Read 'Guvnors', wasn't impressed. Best one i've read is 'Hoolifan', that was good.
Before we played TNS when we moved to the stadium, I was in Wetherspoons with a lad I used to work with. Someone who he said was City's main man walked in and the way people fawned on him was cringe worthy. 'That's City's top lad', he said, before excitedly going over to shake his hand. I do believe I lolled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.