Guvnors

i liked the first book because anyone who was at everton fa cup 81away would remember what went on there was dangerous for every city fan and it was only because of those lads standing up to them that we got out of it, it was bedalam very dodgy situation? there just werent everton there waiting, there was liverpool all he is doing is writing the truth? which anyone is entitled to do.

I was at Everton in 81, all the scousres joined up, it was nasty. Paul Power 2-2, those scousers were not best pleased.

Cheltblue said:
Its an excellent book, as a City fan, i really enjoyed it.

And as for some of the 'holier than thou' brigade on here........grow up!

The Crays terrorised London, but the film and book were great reads
The Mafia terrorised half the f*cking world, but there is no better films than Godfather and Goodfellas imo.

I was an ST all through the 80's and i f*cking hated every minute of the hooligan era, but it was there, it happened and was a major part of every football match, and probably the main news issue of the day.

Well said! All the best films and books are about fighting, murdering, gangs, battles, wars etc! From Gladiator to Goodfella's to Guvnors everything in them tells us that Humans are a fighting species! we always have been since the days we left Africa to spread around the planet; and we always will be with wars going on still today around the world and go to your local pub and you'll see fights every weekend! humans are territorial and anyone strange and foreign who come into your patch is a potential enemy and danger and any group or gang will protect their terrotory by fighting with them! Just because some people think they are above that or humans are more advanced to be like that are kidding themselves! it will continue to be like that until the human species die out and the stories that will be told will always be the best selling books and films!

So what if some people think Mickey Francis is this or that, or that his stories are exxagerated or even made up in parts! ive read it and dont know anyone in that book whatsoever but im not arsed if all the names and events were made up, it was about setting a scene and telling a story! and i think the book did that quite well!

A dissapointing read imo, not helped by a writing style, akin to it being written by a 13 tear old!

Page after page of.."we had a right good toe to toe, then we legged it" does nothing for me im afraid!

Books like this never deliver what they promise in my opinion

mammutly said:
It's been discusssed many times on here.

Mickey Fancis is an idiot IMO. Still hangs around City making an arse of himself.

I believe his brother was the real hard man.

Ha Ill look forward to you saying that to his face on Saturday outside the Fernhurst!

aha, im only 15 and never ever been one for the book reading, but having heard alot about it i though id give it ago, just on the second chapter now, really enjoying it, & mickey is a poster?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.