Haaland or Mbappé

Would you rather us sign Haaland or Mbappe in summer ?

• Haaland

Votes: 378 71.2%
  • Mbappe

Votes: 153 28.8%

• Total voters
Mbappé is already earning near enough £400k/week, he'd be a bit of a poisoned chalice in terms of the wage bill. Before you know it everyone is earning an extra 100k/week.

Haaland is getting stupid money from his transfer but that's paid by Dortmund and his weekly wage would fit in with our existing structure.

Other than that I'm not really sure there's a lot in it. Mbappe is more positionally versatile, Haaland has height and physicality that lets him play the striker role more ways.

Mbappé is definitely more reliant on his speed, I feel like if Haaland had a catastrophic hamsting injury and lost his pace, he could still be an elite striker, Mbappe without speed would have to change his game entirely.

Haaland for me, although Mbappe has a much more proven track record.

Ordinarly I'd vote for haaland but I don't want us having to deal with his cretinous agent.

Mbappé is definitely more reliant on his speed, I feel like if Haaland had a catastrophic hamsting injury and lost his pace, he could still be an elite striker, Mbappe without speed would have to change his game entirely.

Let’s never sign a fast player ever again.

Let’s never sign a fast player ever again.

There's a difference between a fast player and a player whose entire game is based around being much faster than anyone else. I did explain that point pretty clearly.

Aguero was rapid, he lost it but had the game to adapt. Owen was rapid, he lost it and that was game over.

Theres also a difference between signing a normal pacey player, and committing something like £250 million transfer fee and wages on a player who relies on speed.

Mbappe gets about 3 or 4 muscle injuries a season, there's a pretty good chance one of thems going to be a bad one sooner or later.

Last edited:
I can see why some go for Haaland, but it is pretty close not sure how anyone can say it isn’t based purely on ablility and ignoring side issues.
We need an out and out goalscoring person. Mbappe will go to Madrid I think.

Interesting one this and I was talking it through (well texting...) with a mate who supports a different club. Haaland is the hot new thing right now, but let's not forget how electric Mbappe was when we played Monaco - it was (original) Ronaldo levels of centre forward play. He's outgrown the French league but to put into context he's only just turned 22 and he's a world cup winner. He'd be our Henry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.