Hacks, Has-beens And Never-was's

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The vultures from the press never afforded Mancini the respect he had earned on the basis of a sparkling playing career and clear success at Inter. They might have known about his personality traits that are now coming out, but when Ferguson or Wenger win the FArce Cup and the PL title it's into sycophantic mode for most journos. Even when MCFC battered Spuds and MANUre on their own ground there was a begruding acceptance that we had something special but it didn't stop any of them (Samuels expcepted, perhaps) from mounting a continuous and at time nothing more than an insulting, written and spoken tirade as though there were a conspiracy of journalists (nice collective noun for Fleet Street's vermin) and they were determined to undermine from the word go! Compare the sheer number of stories of incidents on our training ground. Had they written but ONE story of an incident at Spurs, Arsenal, CFC or MANUre of what went on or didn't go on at the training ground they would be persona non grata upto this moment and beyond. If Carlsberg did bans, then BaconFace would top them!

Henry Winter's comments in the opening presser were highly insulting. He should still be serving a ban from any gathering of MCFC anywhere! The irony was that Winter had Conrad Black as chief - was he locked up in a Floridean jail at the time or was that later?

We owe the press nowt. And I suggest that we employ a ruthlessness with journos that would make BaconFace seem like a little fluffy soft Fred the Red until they adopt a level of behaviour that isn't undermining, insulting and just mischief-making. If they want to make up a story? Pay the lawyers and threaten them with a court appearance! No more being the nice guy with a PR dept that journos think the best in the business. Makes yer wonder why they think that, doesn't it!

Without a doubt you are 100% correct.
However, do you think we will ever get a grip of 'the media' whilst we have the people in our PR department that we do? Don't hold your breath!

The cookie monster said:
The hacks are not the only ones attacking mancini and giving him no credit
Look closer to home at fellow blues & posters on here,they have been doing it for three years
And some of the shithouses have gone into double overdrive since he went on monday night..

word

strongbowholic said:
My cider fuelled gut feel is someone - the club, us, both - need to make a stand. Either we make it a non-violent but hostile place to be as fans or the club puts a stake in the ground that says:

"We recognise your right to print stories about us, but there will come a point where you over step the mark and we will not co-operate with you at all. You will not get access to the manager, the players etc other than under strictly controlled, contractual conditions.

You will not be allowed to garner links and relationships and you will never get another quote from us, either confirming or denying a story nor from anyone in the club about any subject whatsoever. The only time you will hear from us is if you print anything remotely libellous and you will be pursued vigorously through the courts.

All stories about the club and anything associated with it can only be taken as genuine if it appears on mcfc.co.uk first.

Alternatively, if you want to play ball, all we ask is a fair crack of the whip and the club's doors are open for you. The choice is yours."

This is something that should have happened from day one of the takeover. Either that or I just don't understand the machinations of big business enough?

Totally agree

citysince88 said:
The media wanted to aid Mancini out from day one so they could get Mourinho in, in my opinon.

I understand that point, there was definately an agenda not just towards Mancini but i think in genaeral towards our club. I honestly think that whoever the manager would have been they would have been undermined by the press.

The lack of disrespect that Mancini was shown especially in press conferences was uncalled for and unjustified.

However, Pellegrini is a well educated man, not just in terms of football. The PR department needs to fully back the manager now and I mean in terms of what the press can and cannot say at the press meetings. The shambles that was allowed to manifest itself at numerous one's towards Mancini should no longer be tolerated.

The cookie monster said:
Look closer to home at fellow blues & posters on here,they have been doing it for three years
And some of the shithouses have gone into double overdrive since he went on monday night..

Shithouses you say? I'll add that to the laundry list of other insults you've dished out whilst sat behind your keyboard.

Beginning to think maybe you weren't breastfed as a kid or something. You come across as one of the whiniest neediest men on the forum, and that's saying something.

I agree the club must run the agenda at press conferences etc.

Our PR must be far more assertive.

Injury news and a list of questions the press are allowed to ask and that's about it.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:

Shithouses you say? I'll add that to the laundry list of other insults you've dished out whilst sat behind your keyboard.

Beginning to think maybe you weren't breastfed as a kid or something. You come across as one of the whiniest neediest men on the forum, and that's saying something.

Bluemoons very own mr keyboard warrior speaks
I guess dishing out insults from a bedsit in paris makes you a bit different does it
Glad the spring in your step has returned from your meltdown bill...

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:

Bluemoons very own mr keyboard warrior speaks
I guess dishing out insults from a bedsit in paris makes you a bit different does it
Glad the spring in your step has returned from your meltdown bill...

You really aren't the sharpest tool in the box. The real difference between me and you isn't economic, it's not a generation thing, it's not about who's a bigger blue. The real difference is when I insult someone, I have the courage of my convictions to say it directly to them. You on the other hand come off as gelatinous zooplankton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.