Hamburg at home : scarves, bananas, flags, banners etc..

Ricster said:
bluemanc said:
Del_Bosque said:
Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.
What Del said,please none in 118.

God sake guys, this will get the team and the fans going. Were you both at the first derby at the COMS? Me and my dad got 300 banana's off Fyffes and gave them away in the south stand. What a laugh it was bashing each other with banana's and what an atmosphere it was in that section. Oh and if your worried about the team connecting with the whole banana idea, well, we won 4-1 that day.
Could you get some more? Tell them it'll be a good marketing oppertunity for them to give them away?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Ricster said:
bluemanc said:
Del_Bosque said:
Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.
What Del said,please none in 118.

God sake guys, this will get the team and the fans going. Were you both at the first derby at the COMS? Me and my dad got 300 banana's off Fyffes and gave them away in the south stand. What a laugh it was bashing each other with banana's and what an atmosphere it was in that section. Oh and if your worried about the team connecting with the whole banana idea, well, we won 4-1 that day.
Could you get some more? Tell them it'll be a good marketing oppertunity for them to give them away?

Thats what we said last time and thats how we got them. We asked for donations for a each banana to give to charity. Cant mind the name of it, but it was the one with the blue star badges City were supporting a few years back. Only downside was with City. They never replied to our calls or emails regarding this, and we ended up spending the money raised on a flag.

Nice idea giving the money to charity. Have you still got the contact to get them again. The money could go to the New Children's hospital appeal, who City are sponsering at the moment?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Nice idea giving the money to charity. Have you still got the contact to get them again. The money could go to the New Children's hospital appeal, who City are sponsering at the moment?

I'll ask my dad if he's still got it and the name of the guy too. I'll pm it to you tomorrow if he's got it.

info@fyffes.com

They were the original banana sponser/giver away of.

I remeber mine when i was 13. I remember deflating mine in block U of the north stand we were losing against Oxford but Steve fat arse Redmond scored 2 in the last mins of the game. **please correct me if I am wrong(stevie scoring 2 or against Oxford)
Anyway my memories of the Banana is the city fans in the away end against Bradford when it was a sea of bananas

I have e-mailed fyffes stating these facts and my fond memories and the potetial re-incarnation against Hamburg

It may come to nothing but feel free to ask them to provide free ones again against Hamburg

Worth a try!!

It certainly looks like the word is spreading, i have a mate who's a blue and he mentioned this to me this evening and he doesn't even come on here or any forums, actually he doesn't even have a PC!!!!!!

morleyswife said:
info@fyffes.com

They were the original banana sponser/giver away of.

I remeber mine when i was 13. I remember deflating mine in block U of the north stand we were losing against Oxford but Steve fat arse Redmond scored 2 in the last mins of the game. **please correct me if I am wrong(stevie scoring 2 or against Oxford)
Anyway my memories of the Banana is the city fans in the away end against Bradford when it was a sea of bananas

I have e-mailed fyffes stating these facts and my fond memories and the potetial re-incarnation against Hamburg

It may come to nothing but feel free to ask them to provide free ones again against Hamburg

Worth a try!!

My e-mail to fyffes

Hi Sir/Madam

I am writing because of fond memories of your company as a Manchester City Fan

You company provided free inflatable fyffe bananas to City fans at the then Maine Road -1989 ish

This started as a craze amongst fans and people still remeber it

I write this as an oppurtunity for your company for free advertisement.

A considerable number of people are buying the bananas for the sell out game against Hamburg (48,000 and live on channel five) in the UEFA cup on the 16th of April at the City of Manchester Stadium viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113457

If your company could provide free inflatable bananas I am confident that everyone would take them. Or even if you charged cost price then this could be good publicity

Many Thanks

**Mods I started a seperate thread in hope people would e-mail - I have repeated both on this - you can delete the other at will "fyffes-e-mail them"

Jnr Kisby said:
Del_Bosque said:
Jah said:
Del_Bosque said:

City's fascination with inflatables is apart of our history.. this has been discussed earlier in this thread. we're trying to recreate the atmosphere that people experianced in the 80's.. simple really.

I do understand that we used to bring them along, albeit abit before my time. I just don't see the point of them, maybe the game will prove me wrong.

It just creates a sort of party atmosphere, an enjoyable one. I remember the west ham quarter final at coms there were quite a few being thrown around, it just makes it that bit different and its a bit of a laugh.
Del, you really missed out mate - funny as fuck watching City in the inflatable era, win lose or draw.

These inflatable bananas are gonna give my mates a great reason to take the piss even more, seeing as they already call me an island monkey in jest

So yeah, thanks a bunch ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.