Hamburg at home : scarves, bananas, flags, banners etc..

Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.

Del_Bosque said:
Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.

City's fascination with inflatables is apart of our history.. this has been discussed earlier in this thread. we're trying to recreate the atmosphere that people experianced in the 80's.. simple really.

Jah said:
Del_Bosque said:

City's fascination with inflatables is apart of our history.. this has been discussed earlier in this thread. we're trying to recreate the atmosphere that people experianced in the 80's.. simple really.

I do understand that we used to bring them along, albeit abit before my time. I just don't see the point of them, maybe the game will prove me wrong.

What about these...<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LARGE-BLOW-UP-INFLATABLE-TOY-FOOT-BALL-BLUE_W0QQitemZ260295798815QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_OutdoorToysActivities_BouncyCastlesInflatables_JN?hash=item260295798815&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-LARGE-BLOW-UP ... 240%3A1318</a>

Del_Bosque said:
Jah said:
Del_Bosque said:

I do understand that we used to bring them along, albeit abit before my time. I just don't see the point of them, maybe the game will prove me wrong.
The banana craze of the late 80's was a great laugh just City fans being original like the famous boxing day game V Stoke when nearly eveyone went to the old Victoria Ground in fancy dress don't knock something till you try it I was only 8 at the time and loved it my son is 8 and have explained to him what is going on and he is well up for it got my banana on the way even adults can have fun!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.