Hamburg at home : scarves, bananas, flags, banners etc..

Del_Bosque said:
Jah said:
Del_Bosque said:
Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.

City's fascination with inflatables is apart of our history.. this has been discussed earlier in this thread. we're trying to recreate the atmosphere that people experianced in the 80's.. simple really.

I do understand that we used to bring them along, albeit abit before my time. I just don't see the point of them, maybe the game will prove me wrong.

It just creates a sort of party atmosphere, an enjoyable one. I remember the west ham quarter final at coms there were quite a few being thrown around, it just makes it that bit different and its a bit of a laugh.

Well I'm sorted..... I've just placed my order here <a class="postlink" href="http://www.pdkfundraising.co.uk/item/937/giant-inflatable-bananas-x-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pdkfundraising.co.uk/item/93 ... nanas-x-12</a>

That's 12 x 5ft+ Bananas on order. 6 are spoken for already.... for a mere £1 the other 6 can be purchased by whoever wants one. Just find me at 116 Row S Seat 430!

By the sounds of things, quite a few people plan on taking inflatables with them so methinks this is going to be one of those games that no-one will forget!!! Regardless of the result!

Del_Bosque said:
Now I'm not meaning to have a go or anything but why are people bringing inflatables? I can understand city, flags, scarves, banners etc but inflatables? I really, really don't understand. It's not going to look impressive on TV so that reasons out, it's not going to intimidate the opposition fans and team so that's out and they are definately not going to inspire the team or even really get the crowd going. All I can possibly see is that people are trying to play on the "whacky sense of "humour" that city fans are supposed to have by bringing a giant bannana or something. Surely you'd just all be better bringing a scarve and doing something which will help getting the team and the fans going.
What Del said,please none in 118.

meldrew.jpg

bluemanc said:
Del_Bosque said:
What Del said,please none in 118.

God sake guys, this will get the team and the fans going. Were you both at the first derby at the COMS? Me and my dad got 300 banana's off Fyffes and gave them away in the south stand. What a laugh it was bashing each other with banana's and what an atmosphere it was in that section. Oh and if your worried about the team connecting with the whole banana idea, well, we won 4-1 that day.

CTID1989 said:
Bloody hell i cant believe some people, as for the lot who are making all effort for the game keep it up.

Surely the guy who sells the Elano posters/stupid hats(the wooly ones with the chin strap) can be contacted and he can import the blow up bananas for an inflated price(sorry prob done a thousand times). Or does anyone know Dave Wallace and the KOTK boys can flog em(if people see some fans with them) a vendor on the day will make a killing.

morleyswife said:
CTID1989 said:
Bloody hell i cant believe some people, as for the lot who are making all effort for the game keep it up.

Surely the guy who sells the Elano posters/stupid hats(the wooly ones with the chin strap) can be contacted and he can import the blow up bananas for an inflated price(sorry prob done a thousand times). Or does anyone know Dave Wallace and the KOTK boys can flog em(if people see some fans with them) a vendor on the day will make a killing.

Do it yourself. Chance to make a few quid.

I havent got the capital to buy them, I put my business plan to the my RBS branch business Manager who said and I quote "are you bananas there is a credit crunch on"
Good idea for pimps or pushers who have money on the hip ut I cant even get a second mortgage. This £5 ticket price means we wont eat until payday

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Does anybody know who/how to contact the club about organising a card moseque before the game?
I;m up for this-and we all could bring some glue-stick them on the seats.That would sort our problem out of not having,MCFC in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.