Hammers and Sporting chasing Big Phil ....MERGED.

Re: Hammers and Sporting chasing Big Phil ....

MCFC-alan88 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Definitely sell.

Not good enough for the level we need to be at next season.

he will do OK at another club.

Yeh, dump all the young lads, they have zero potential and we just need to buy world class players in every position...

/Sarcasm off

City already have an amazing amount of players that have come through the ranks...I'm sure it will continue but the level we are aiming for will mean it will be harder for them to break through. There is no point holding on to players who will not make the grade.

Neville Kneville said:
Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
BlueMoon93 said:
I love the guy, hope we keep him. I seriously think we could be looking at one of the best big men in Europe in a few years.

Hughes might not have time on his side, he has to deliver top six this season. Hughes is clearly trying to sign two or three top quality strikers to do that. I cannot see Caicedo getting many chances next season and that is why he should be sold.

I think he should be able to stay at City for a few seasons to see how he develops. If that means a season on loan then fair enough but he's coming along nicely & may improve rapidly by staying in the 1st team squad with better strikers to learn from.

Yes I see that point of view and agree but what does Caicedo want? He is a full international and going by the comments in the papers he wants regular first team football...that is something that cannot be guaranteed for any player at City.

Neville Kneville said:
BlueMoon93 said:
I love the guy, hope we keep him. I seriously think we could be looking at one of the best big men in Europe in a few years.

Hughes might not have time on his side, he has to deliver top six this season. Hughes is clearly trying to sign two or three top quality strikers to do that. I cannot see Caicedo getting many chances next season and that is why he should be sold.

I think he should be able to stay at City for a few seasons to see how he develops. If that means a season on loan then fair enough but he's coming along nicely & may improve rapidly by staying in the 1st team squad with better strikers to learn from.

Yes I see that point of view and agree but what does Caicedo want? He is a full international and going by the comments in the papers he wants regular first team football...that is something that cannot be guaranteed for any player at City.

If that's the case then I presume he'll let MH know. If I was in his position at 20 years old though I'd want to stick around & see if I can make my mark rather than going just yet. Hughes is the sort of bloke who'll give him games & sell others on if he proves good enough. Both Caicedo & Bojinov should give it at least 1 season imo. Well in Boj's case he'll know by Christmas if he's up to it.

I think Big Phil will go on loan next season and it will do him the world of good. Bags of potential that lad.

infaltablesgalore said:
URG your an idiot, it would be fucking nonsense to sell him.

Haha theres many things URG is... an idiot is not one of them. One of the most respected members here.

Just because, like me, you disagree with him, doesn't make him an idiot, you probably need to look closer to home for that.

I've totally come around on Caicedo.

The third biggest improver last season, after Ireland and Neds. I'd keep him, no matter who we sign.

Definately keep him, to sell him now when he's showing an improvement would be folly imo.

If we do end up getting a couple of top quality strikers in, what a wasted opportunity it would be if we had no youngsters around to learn from them.

GStar said:
infaltablesgalore said:
URG your an idiot, it would be fucking nonsense to sell him.

Haha theres many things URG is... an idiot is not one of them. One of the most respected members here.

Just because, like me, you disagree with him, doesn't make him an idiot, you probably need to look closer to home for that.

Are you the grim reaper ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.