Hands up if you've played on the Etihad hallowed turf

Whatever happened to football aid? Was too young (with not enough money..) to be able to do it when it was on regularly. I think City stopped doing it too at some point.

Without going in to the how and why...

As a young teenager, I spent a couple hours on the Maine Road pitch by myself and my football.

It was around 11pm at night and pitch black. I hadn't broken in, I was okay to be there and was indulged, let's say.

Covered every blade of grass, did pretend goal celebrations, ran towards the Kippax with my arms aloft, smashed the ball into an empty net about 300 times.

Lay in the centre circle looking up at the stars and just taking in the silence.

Until which time I got the shout from the directors' box it was time to go home and stop fucking up the pitch.

A dream come true and remember it like it was yesterday.
This is class. I had a (not too) similar experience in the mid 90s after a heavy session in Sheffield city centre. On our way back to my mates' student digs, someone decided it would be a really good idea to try and get into Bramhall Lane and have a kickabout. So that's what we did, at least for about two minutes until a few ridiculously burly security guards put a stop to our fun. We should definitely have been arrested, possibly even given a sly kicking, but I think the sight of 4 pissed up idiots playing "cupsies" with an invisible ball and celebrating in front of nobody at all gave them all a good laugh and despite a strongly worded warning they were pretty nice to us in the end all things considered. I've had a soft spot for the Blades ever since!

Had the misfortune to be on the OT pitch with Bryan Robson at the start of this season a couple of hours before their Brighton reverse demolition...

Yes. I entered a KEY103 competition to play for a fans team vs a 'celebrity / key103' team in 2008. You had to nominate your preferred position, so hedged my bets by choosing left back and it worked lol

Celebrity was used very loosely lol I think the only 'celeb' I recognised was a guy from Phoenix nights.

Managed by Andy Hinchliffe. won 5-4 - Great Day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.