Hands up if you've played on the Etihad hallowed turf

Not done that, but I've got a photo somewhere of me in the manager's chair in the press room. Circa 2006, so probably in a different room now.

Without going in to the how and why...

As a young teenager, I spent a couple hours on the Maine Road pitch by myself and my football.

It was around 11pm at night and pitch black. I hadn't broken in, I was okay to be there and was indulged, let's say.

Covered every blade of grass, did pretend goal celebrations, ran towards the Kippax with my arms aloft, smashed the ball into an empty net about 300 times.

Lay in the centre circle looking up at the stars and just taking in the silence.

Until which time I got the shout from the directors' box it was time to go home and stop fucking up the pitch.

A dream come true and remember it like it was yesterday.
You're Jimmy Grimble and I claim my £5

As a young teenager, I spent a couple hours on the Maine Road pitch by myself and my football.

It was around 11pm at night and pitch black. I hadn't broken in, I was okay to be there and was indulged, let's say.

Covered every blade of grass, did pretend goal celebrations, ran towards the Kippax with my arms aloft, smashed the ball into an empty net about 300 times.

Lay in the centre circle looking up at the stars and just taking in the silence.

Until which time I got the shout from the directors' box it was time to go home and stop fucking up the pitch.

Bloody hell Tolm, this sounds like a piece of the defence evidence from the Barry Bennell trial.

Yes. Twice. Scored on the 2nd occasion too in front of the South Stand ona team with the Goat and Gareth Taylor.

Actually, make that 3 times. I won a competition controlling the ball that was being pinged from the corner back in 2018. Won a team signed shirt that I flogged for £400.

Played on the Academy stadium too.

But can you play left back ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.