Happy 25th Anniversary of Paul Dickov Day

What a day it was..3 day bender followed. And sheikh Mansour was there celebrating..:)

Arguably the most important goal in our history. More so than Aguero, or Yaya in the semi final or Rodri in Istanbul. Or even Jo against Portsmouth.

That whole few days was amazing. The semi when I thought I was having a heart attack at the home game. Queueing in and out of Maine Road to get Wembley tickets. Bringing bacon butties back to the ground later for my mates who were further back in the queue. The day itself, thousands of Blues at the services stations in the M6/M1. My brother leaving before Horlock's goal. Flying seven rows forward when Dickov scored. Tears when Morrison lifted the trophy. The silence on the Bullocks bus as we left Wembley (everyone was mentally exhausted). But the best memory was walking to the pub back in Didsbury with the lads so going 'you can stick your fucking treble up your arse.'

That whole few days was amazing. The semi when I thought I was having a heart attack at the home game. Queueing in and out of Maine Road to get Wembley tickets. Bringing bacon butties back to the ground later for my mates who were further back in the queue. The day itself, thousands of Blues at the services stations in the M6/M1. My brother leaving before Horlock's goal. Flying seven rows forward when Dickov scored. Tears when Morrison lifted the trophy. The silence on the Bullocks bus as we left Wembley (everyone was mentally exhausted). But the best memory was walking to the pub back in Didsbury with the lads so going 'you can stick your fucking treble up your arse.'
Nothing much changes. Woman behind me at West Ham game didn't get to her seat until the second or third minute and my neighbour went to the gents and as he passed he said 'Don't let 'em score'! When he returned I told him we'd only scored one more!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.