Happy 25th Anniversary of Paul Dickov Day

That whole few days was amazing. The semi when I thought I was having a heart attack at the home game. Queueing in and out of Maine Road to get Wembley tickets. Bringing bacon butties back to the ground later for my mates who were further back in the queue. The day itself, thousands of Blues at the services stations in the M6/M1. My brother leaving before Horlock's goal. Flying seven rows forward when Dickov scored. Tears when Morrison lifted the trophy. The silence on the Bullocks bus as we left Wembley (everyone was mentally exhausted). But the best memory was walking to the pub back in Didsbury with the lads so going 'you can stick your fucking treble up your arse.'
My brother had also left and missed the goal, he was actually on the tube when Dickov scored and had left the Etihad as couldn't take it anymore when Aguero scored. That's what you get for leaving early.

Would anyone on here own up to being that fan who dropped his trousers to reveal painted blue bum cheeks and proceed to sing a rousing chorus of Blue Moon? That image has haunted me to this day!!!

Queued 14 hours at Maine Rd for a ticket for me and 2 brothers

1 of my brothers finished work and actually brought me a sarnie and a drink and queued for the last 3 hours

Unbelievable day going 2 down and stuck in shock on the steps and then total fucking joy when we equalised and then won on penalties

Outside the ground met Liam Gallagher in his Limo with window down singing CTID

This was the day our club was reborn

A day of days, right up there with the very best of days.
Anyone else from here at that incredible gig later that night?, kentish town (iirc), the kosovo benefit with loads of top names, weller, noel, ray davies, a couple from stereophonics, oh, i've found a link...

Last edited:
Having been to so many games home and away that season, queued all day around Maine Road for tickets, I just couldn't bear the thought of watching Gillingham celebrate and left, gutted. I was back on the coach when we equalised, went back in for the extra time and penalties. It taught me never to leave a game early, and was probably the reason I was still in the ground for the Aguero goal.....unlike the family who used to sit next to me.

Always think back to that and wonder where we would be if it had not happened. Cause the success since has been so unreal the reverse propably would of been as well.

What a day. Stopped off in Luton for a pint after the match - pub was full of rags. They'll all have been Luton fans last season but probably back to being rags again now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.