Happy 25th Anniversary of Paul Dickov Day

My Mum had to cover her ears during the Gillingham penalties. As it says in the wonderful "Blue Moon - Down Amongst The DEad Men with Manchester City" book, suddely City were able to field their most consistent performer of the season - their fanatical support (as an aside, that's how everyone viewed us back then).

Which leads me to the next point: some of those MCIVTA quotes are in that book too and make for emotional reading, partocularly given what's happened.
Got that book at home and will still read parts of it occasionally. I've also go another one from around that time but can't for the life of me remember the title. It's an A5 sized landscape book with various pictures from the day in it and a double-page spread which simply says 94:10 in socreboard style digital font just before pictures of Dickov's goal.
Will have to see if I can find out what it's called when I get home.

My Mum had to cover her ears during the Gillingham penalties. As it says in the wonderful "Blue Moon - Down Amongst The DEad Men with Manchester City" book, suddely City were able to field their most consistent performer of the season - their fanatical support (as an aside, that's how everyone viewed us back then).

Which leads me to the next point: some of those MCIVTA quotes are in that book too and make for emotional reading, partocularly given what's happened.

The loudness and passion behind those boos will live with me forever. Easily the loudest I’ve ever heard. Deafening.

Got that book at home and will still read parts of it occasionally. I've also go another one from around that time but can't for the life of me remember the title. It's an A5 sized landscape book with various pictures from the day in it and a double-page spread which simply says 94:10 in socreboard style digital font just before pictures of Dickov's goal.
Will have to see if I can find out what it's called when I get home.
Was it called 'We're not really here'

I remember something with that name coming out just after that season ended.

EDIT: Or it might have been called 'City Til I Die' (think WNRH was the end of Maine Rd season).

Was it called 'We're not really here'

I remember something with that name coming out just after that season ended.

EDIT: Or it might have been called 'City Til I Die' (think WNRH was the end of Maine Rd season).
That's the one, it's 'City til I die'. Just had a look on Amazon. Cheers

Excellent 30 mins documentary on ITVX about the game called “… 5 mins to go”.

Nothing earth shattering on it but it does capture the day really well.

What may make it more interesting is that it gives Gillinghams (as well as Citys) view on the game.

Worth a look I think.

Just got David Bernstein's book about that whole era, We Were Really There, tells of his time as chairman and the stories behind them. Hopefully will be a good read...

That's the one, it's 'City til I die'. Just had a look on Amazon. Cheers
Got that book.
Some of the quotes in there literally are tearjerkers.
What a day.Drank an LNER train completely dry that night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.