Happy 50th birthday to Paul Lake....

Only just got around to reading his autobiography whilst on holiday this year and wow I couldn`t put it down.
And I`m so glad he gave Swales a full volley.It was disgraceful how Lakey was treated (or not as was the case) by the Club.
A true gent and one of the best youngsters I have witnessed in a sky blue shirt.Without a doubt he would have played many many games for City and England.
Happy birthday Paul.

I was at the Villa game, the QPR return and also the last one at Middlesbrough.

The silence in the away end that night when he was taken off...

Outstanding talent and hasn't let the injury define him as a person.

Was always one of those people who seemed jinxed.

It was horrric to watch him convulse on the pitch against Leicester before Roy Bailly saved his life.

I was at the Villa game, the QPR return and also the last one at Middlesbrough.

The silence in the away end that night when he was taken off...

Outstanding talent and hasn't let the injury define him as a person.

Was always one of those people who seemed jinxed.

It was horrric to watch him convulse on the pitch against Leicester before Roy Bailly saved his life.
Didn't he swallow his tongue? I remember the absolute silence on the kippax as people knew something really serious was happening. I was only young but that day always stuck with me.

Didn't he swallow his tongue? I remember the absolute silence on the kippax as people knew something really serious was happening. I was only young but that day always stuck with me.

Yup, you could have heard a pin drop. From where I was, all I could see was his leg spasming, and we all knew something was horribly wrong. I remember them announcing later, to the relief of all, that he was conscious in the changing room

Yep. I can recall the silence as he was being treated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.