Happy 50th birthday to Paul Lake....

I was in the kippax and I didn't think he was in too much danger, maybe I was too young to realise the drama being only 15 but I remember him convulsing and thinking why is he having a fit, my first thought was to think of a lad in my school team who was epileptic and shook like that when he had his seizures.
I just remember people around me saying come on lakey come on son, was horrible to see him crash to the ground.

Happy Birthday Paul. I used to love watching you play football on Haughton Green Rec while walking my Nan's dog Shep. You were better than anyone else by a zillion miles.

Didn't he swallow his tongue? I remember the absolute silence on the kippax as people knew something really serious was happening. I was only young but that day always stuck with me.
I have a feeling it was against Leicester.The one thing that stuck in my mind was the wonderful reaction from the Leicester fans in the Platt Lane Stand.
As City fans, we were in shock it was they who started the clapping as he went off the pitch and then a superb crescendo of noise hit the ground to clap Lakey off on the stretcher.

I have a feeling it was against Leicester.The one thing that stuck in my mind was the wonderful reaction from the Leicester fans in the Platt Lane Stand.
As City fans, we were in shock it was they who started the clapping as he went off the pitch and then a superb crescendo of noise hit the ground to clap Lakey off on the stretcher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.