Happy 50th Gio

It was on new years day I think and I remember jibbing it up to hospitality at the top of the Kippax and so had a great view of the goal. No memory of losing and getting knocked and by Steve Lomas of all people.

Was that game Lomas headed straight for the City fans when he scored, taking the piss, despite getting a nice reception?

Still at least he ain’t a City Ambassador and lifelong die hard blue now.

A player of great moments, but not a great player unfortunately. Undoubtedly entertained and capable of the amazing, but also capable of just not turning up. Not helped by having the most incompetent managers in our history in charge of him obviously, and then Joe Royle who just wanted (maybe needed) a team of battlers

I try and remember the great moments, but by and large and remember his teammates not having a clue when to make a run for him, because they'd lost hope in him trying to make the pass.

Put him in a great side and we'll, it could be great, but he'd more than likely just frustrate.

Give me Benarbia over him any time. Benarbia lifted crap players around him and maybe them play better, Kinkladze just made them all look worse. Not all down to him though that obviously.
Wish we'd have got Benarbia when he was 21/22.

without trying - there's a dozen examples right here - not that there was not much for him - watch the vid:

Quality video, enjoyed seeing him again.

Regardless of hows or whys, its just a huge shame that someone with that talent didn't end up making more of it and being a key man somewhere winning trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.