Happy 50th Gio

Fair enough. You must have a better memory than me though. I’m struggling to remember him ever passing to anyone.
without trying - there's a dozen examples right here - not that there was not much for him - watch the vid:

My favourite historic player.
A shining star in a sea of shite.
The only reason I turned up every week was to marvel at his ability to glide past people like they weren't there.
Met him and got his autograph at a boxing night at the piccadilly hotel where he was out with Nicky Summerbee.
It's about opinions but that amount of natural talent would never be wasted by a top coach.

Happy Birthday to still one of the best players I have ever witnessed.
I was at Ashton Golf Club a few weeks ago having a beer on the balcony, there were three lads sat right next to us, two with Eastern European accents but spoke really good English. Sat there for a good while, they left before us and a lad I know who’s a blue shook hands with the three of them on departing, he said after “hammo, did you not recognise that fella, it was Georgie Kinkladze” was absolutely gutted I missed a photo op and a chance to speak to him. Fwiw, he’s a really nice unassuming guy, happy birthday Gio.

Some those misses from chances he created and the lack of off the ball movement by his team mates really couldn't be coached
shocking – I remember him regularly signalling with his hand behind his arse for an overlap which never came - the others were not on the same wavelength - hence he ended up taking it on his own a lot of the time. (Literally) balletic, mesmeric and a wonderful memory for all Blues old enough to have enjoyed the privilege.

Last edited:
The ball to Rosler in the Fa Cup against them lot and if you want more let me know

I’m not denying they happened. Just all that’s left in my memory are those goals like against Southampton and Oxford. And what would have been the best of the lot at Bury. But think he got brought down for a penalty we missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.