Happy 80th Birthday Rodders!

Happy 80th Birthday Rod.

He was my favourite player as a young kid.

I was too young to understand the "he ruined the team chemistry" stories but can remember my old man and uncles blaming him for us not winning the title, but me and my cousin just loved watching this skillful, brilliant player playing for City.

Oh Rodney, Rodney....
My thanks to you all for your most kind thoughts and words .

However :
i) My birthday is in MAY . . .but never mind , I'll have a couple tonight anyway
ii) Bugger off, I may be a crotchety old sod , but I'm nowhere near 80
iii) Finally , and most importantly of all . . . where's my BLOODY CAKE ???
Cheers

Seem to remember going to my 2nd city match midweek against Newcastle I think and marsh tried a chip when it was easier to score and him turning round to the main stand with his arms outstretched,
A long time ago

great player, plus he always shooting down all the numpties on Twitter in our corner

Nice to see Derek and Tony very rarely get a mention on here!
My memory of Derek Jeffrey's was that he was the John Stones of his day. Tony Towers? Fuck me! Decent player but my main recollection is wishing that he wouldn't shoot when he got an opportunity, as invariably it would finish up in 'row Z'.
Happy days though, from 66 onwards.
Who'd have thought we'd ever be the best in the world?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.