Happy 80th Birthday Rodders!

Twelve days at least to my 80th - do not know the exact number as no idea the time I was born and then need to take into account the time difference between the UK and NZ.
And has crossing the Date Line many times had any effect on my number of days on earth?
On one occasion I travelled from Melbourne to Hawaii, left on the 26th but arrived on the 25th - so am I already 80 and nearly 81?
You daft sod, you're at least 81 by my drunk reckoning ;-)

I seem to recall him nutmegging a player and patting him on the head as he went past, could be Gordon Taylor I’m thinking of.

Oh Rodney Rodney
Rodney Rodney Rodney Rodney
Rodney Marsh

The Kippax loved him
Yes, as a Kippax Guy I would agree - we really did love him. Wonderful footballer, flawed genius maybe, but just a joy to watch. I don't recall any of us calling him 'Rodders' though. He was just 'Rodney' or 'Rod', IIRC.
My favourite memory is of him running rings around a defender (can't remember who) who responded by booting the ball into the Kippax. As Marsh walked over to retrieve the ball to take the throw in he pointed at the defender and made the 'wanking gesture' to the crowd. Priceless.

Why I fell in love with Manchester City. Read his autobiography and thrilled he played for City. My first City game was City 2 Derby 0 our last game on the season. Marsh and Lee 1 pen scored. We finished 4th 1 point behind champions Derby.

Yes, as a Kippax Guy I would agree - we really did love him. Wonderful footballer, flawed genius maybe, but just a joy to watch. I don't recall any of us calling him 'Rodders' though. He was just 'Rodney' or 'Rod', IIRC.
My favourite memory is of him running rings around a defender (can't remember who) who responded by booting the ball into the Kippax. As Marsh walked over to retrieve the ball to take the throw in he pointed at the defender and made the 'wanking gesture' to the crowd. Priceless.
Ohhh Rodney Rodney (to the tune of Chicory Tips "Son of my father") - taken me right back - if I close my eyes I can hear it now !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.