Happy English identity day.

Will your carer be with you? Don't get me wrong when it's IBS Awareness day, I always half crap myself and walk about in solidarity...sometimes it's not too solid. But my hearts in the right place.
Its about 400 years since my ancestors moved from Glasgow to Northern Ireland to escape the sectarian bigotry.
Unfortunately they found the bigotry went over there too.

Last edited:
Even the Irish bars near me are flying the flag and having St George’s Day party’s.
They are either showing some solidarity towards their English friends or desperate for business and pretending to give a fuck about a day they never have before.
I’m undecided which one it is..
i strongly suspect the latter!

You're nor kidding. The Stranraer-Larne ferry was a pretty scary boat especially the return journey.
But with my flat cap with a Red Hand on it l had the good guys on my side.

Why was your hand red? And did this happen in the 40's, or where you returning to the 17th century after featuring in a Hovis commercial and as a special treat let you keep the cap?

St George only became patron saint in about 1348 because Edward III seems to have admired him as a warrior.

The patron saint prior to that was St Edward the Confessor. Next time you are in London you can drop into Westminster Abbey and venerate his remains, which are still there. You can do this for St George only by visiting Israel.

Why was your hand red? And did this happen in the 40's, or where you returning to the 17th century after featuring in a Hovis commercial and as a special treat let you keep the cap?
The rest was needed to make a nice bright orange colour dye that l need for an old but beautiful item of clothing.
Then lve got my big drum to get ready but that's for July. Being British today comes first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.