Happy St.George's Day

Toronto blue said:
1_barry_conlon said:
He's probably some Quebec Frenchies woman and was forced to put it on....whilst wearing his gimp mask.

I don't support nationalism so obviously I am a gay, French perv !!!!

YAWN, so unexpected of you.

Who mentioned gay?<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:08 pm --<br /><br />
1_barry_conlon said:
Toronto blue said:

Who mentioned you being gay or French? I suggest you learn to read English correctly before assuming.

You should get a job in the tabloids the way you've twisted that.

Toronto blue said:
1_barry_conlon said:
He's probably some Quebec Frenchies woman and was forced to put it on....whilst wearing his gimp mask.

Patriotism is a completely different thing from Nationalism, you thick fuck.

Patriotism is being proud of the country that you live in, Nationalism is believing that every other country is somehow inferior.

Seriously, do that not have dictionaries in Toronto, or are they all in French?

Happy St George's Day.

'I have been blessed with God's two greatest gifts, to be born English and heterosexual.' (John Osborne)

PRODUCT RECALL
ENGLAND (No. 74732461)
The manufacturers regret that a number of serious problems have recently emerged with this product. Millions of complaints have been received regarding the constituent parts of England- none of which appear to work. Furthermore, some of them are dangerous and can cause serious injury. The manufacturers regret that England no longer conforms to acceptable safety standards and have therefore decided to withdraw this product from the market.
(Private Eye)

'My wife had an uncle who could never walk down the nave of an abbey without wondering whether it would take spin.' (Sir Alec Douglas-Home)

BIGGEST RAID EVER-SCORE 78 TO 26--ENGLAND STILL BATTING
(Newpaper placard, London, August 1940 during the Battle of Britain)

'I have a small, tattered clipping that I sometimes carry with me and pull out for purposes of private amusement. It's a weather forecast from the Western Daily Mail and it says, in full: Outlook:Dry and warm, but cooler with some rain.'
(Bill Bryson)

'Patriotism is a lively sense of collective responsibility. Nationalism is a silly cock crowing on its own dunghill.'
(Richard Aldington, 1931)

Damocles said:
Toronto blue said:

Patriotism is being proud of the country that you live in, Nationalism is believing that every other country is somehow inferior.

The lines between the two are at best blurred. If you are proud of your country then you are proud of the people in it which obviously means you are not proud of people from other nations.

By definition does that not make them inferior ?

I think perhaps we need to define pride in this context, although I am sure many people have tried and failed as it is a very contentious subject.

The only part of Canada that wholly speaks French is Quebec. Toronto is in Ontario.

Toronto blue said:
Damocles said:

I live in a free country.I'll celebrate what i like.

The lines between the two are at best blurred. If you are proud of your country then you are proud of the people in it which obviously means you are not proud of people from other nations.

I think perhaps we need to define pride in this context, although I am sure many people have tried and failed as it is a very contentious subject.

The only part of Canada that wholly speaks French is Quebec. Toronto is in Ontario.

Toronto blue said:

Rubbish. That's like saying because I'm proud of City, I somehow think we'll hammer Barcelona, or that because somebody is proud of their kids, they think they are better than Maradona, Einstein and Hawking rolled into one.

Pride is [...] the specific, mostly positive emotion that is a product of praise or independent self-reflection.

BingoBango said:
bluemoon risin' said:
England/Angelic upstarts.

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country been so great
The stories Britannia could tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England, oh England, a country so great
The land of so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red, the white and the blue

Whenever you go to the far off shores
Ther's something that goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
From your mother of red, white and blue

You cold never be born under a flag that's like
The one of a Union Jack
St.George's spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back

England, oh England, a country so great
The land of so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red, the white and the blue

Tommy mensforth. [1981]

Since when has there been blue in the English flag?

/pedantry

Great point. The blue in the flag represents scotland as you lot have ure cross. Britain has blue in its flag. England does not. I am scottish aand british. NOT english

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.