Happy St Patrick's Day

It's main problem is, it's full of bloody Jackeens!

;-)
And again....so is Manchester ;-)
Don't care, love both places ;-)

One of my ancestors came to Manchester, married a fellow Dubliner, fathered my g grandfather and then buggered off back to Dublin a few years later.
The others, on my maternal grandparents side from Mullinavat, settled in Manchester and never went back.

Yeah. And it’s a kip.
I think you two need to find a room ;-)

Anyway, I remember you telling me about Howth last time I was over. Didn't get time to do it then but I'm planning on a visit this time.
Thanks for that ;-)

Last edited:

Anyway, I remember you telling me about Howth last time I was over. Didn't get time to do it then but I'm planning on a visit this time.
Thanks for that ;-)
All joking aside, Howth is a great shout. Particularly if you like seafood.
Try the deluxe seafood chowder in The Brass Monkey on the pier. It’s a meal in itself, not just a lunch.
A few good bars. I think the Abbey Tavern may be doing music again. The Dubliners used to play out there when they were starting off.
You may get music in The Waterside as well and possibly The Bloody Stream, which is the bar at the DART station.( The train station that will take you back to town)

Don’t worry about me and JH. That’s just what you Brits call banter (slagging) between us and our country cousins. Only room we need to find is a bar. We’d sort the problems of the world out.

Thanks for that ;-)
If you don't fancy roughing it out there Dalkey is really nice and Killiney a couple of miles up the road. A walk up Killiney hill, bit of food in the castle and a few drinks in Dalkey. Spent many a happy Sunday doing this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.