Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

First day back at work in Northampton from my holibobs when the news broke. Probably the same place Prestwich was at for his meeting. My flabber was gasted.

I like to think that my two years on and off in the gulf working for Etisalat may have had something to do with it - as I always wore my MCFC metal badge on my suite - it didn't of course unless chaos theory (butterfly flapping it's wings etc) kicked in big time.

Team vs sunderland on 31st august 2008:
Hart, Corluka, Richards, Dunne, Michael Ball, Hamann, Kompany, Ireland, Johnson,Wright-Phillips, Jo.

Likely team vs Crystal Palace on 12th September 2015:
Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, Silva, DeBruyne, Aguero.

The difference in quality is staggering, what a time to be a blue!

The missus came up to bed and told me we'd signed Robinho. I thought she'd gone potty and went back to sleep

Team vs sunderland on 31st august 2008:
Hart, Corluka, Richards, Dunne, Michael Ball, Hamann, Kompany, Ireland, Johnson,Wright-Phillips, Jo.

Likely team vs Crystal Palace on 12th September 2015:
Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, Silva, DeBruyne, Aguero.

The difference in quality is staggering, what a time to be a blue!
Ah; the legend that was Jo. I miss him; the comedy value was immeasurable. He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

31st of August I was sat in the pub watching City v Sunderland. There was a tiny little snippet in the News Of The World linking us with a takeover from an Abu Dhabi consortium. We'd been linked with a takeover from the Middle East a couple of times before a few years previously, so I didn't really paid it much attention.

The next day I woke up to about 20 text messages saying we were the richest club in the world and were linked with some of the biggest names in world football.

I sat glued to SSN all day with my mouth wide open, and couldn't actually believe what I was watching. When they announced we'd signed Robinho it was the most surreal moment of my life. I'd gone to bed the night before hoping we didn't sell Corluka, and then we'd signed one of the biggest names in world football!

My Mrs at the time persuaded me to turn it off and come to bed after midnight. I waited until she'd fallen asleep, then crept back downstairs and watched it all on a loop for a few hours just to make sure it was actually real!

We'd had a few false dawns before, but September 1st 2008 was the date when I truly believed City would win the league again one day. But I didn't think it could possibly be as good as 13th May 2012, but that's a whole different story....

What Mr Mansour did for us was unbelievable. What he did for me will never be forgotten. He made good on my dad's near 30 year promise of a good cup run and provided me with the opportunity to celebrate cup and championship success with him. Before the takeover, I don't think I would have never had that moment with me dad ( he is 70 now and been in bad health for years) and Mr Mansour changed all that. For the moments and memories he has given me personally, I will never forget. Thanks Sheikh Mansour.

Bloody hell 7 years, jesus. I was like Shaeumstash, glued to SSN and I physically felt like i had personally won the lottery lol, had a slight tear in my eye tbh.
Wish I had to the chance to gone on other teams forum and read there posts about us being taken over. I never got the chance to read them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.