one legue cup
champions of England twice
average att 53 thousand
c/l quilfication 4 years running
the best training ground on the planet
one of the worlds most exiting academeys
and to many great players to mention
agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooo moment ,
the 5th highest income inworld football and this is only part way through the masterplan
its unreal really ,just wish some absent friends could have been here to see it all

I still remember driving into the office car park and absent-mindedly turning 5-Live on to catch the sports news to hear that we were being bought by an Arab consortium... it was odd because it was apparent from a week earlier that we were suddenly buying players like SWP, Kompany and Zab when we were apparently broke and going to the wall only a couple of weeks before... anyway it's been a great journey, the stuff of dreams apart from the fact that it has been very much a reality!

I had to take a cheque to the bank for me mam that morning. When I left, Corluka had gone and we were fucked. When I came back, the mood had ever so slightly changed...
This^^^
I left for work feeling v glum about potential shit creek with Thaksin's funds frozen etc.

..drove my lad to Hough End for Griffins' training session after work, by which time the Abu Dhabi takeover was actually happening, (despite the boiled bollock Brazil's denials)

.... linked up at Hough End with other Griffins dads who were blues, and there much jubilation

.... meanwhile the HEGs Rag dads were deep in conference.... LOLOLOLOLOL.. god we had some fun at their expense !!

What an exciting time that was. I was happy enought that shauny had come home and we had got through the next round of Europe. To then get bought out and sign Robinho was like a dream. Still can't believe it now in our 55,000 seater stadium having won two premier leagues, FA cup and league cup. Happy times.

as you cant remember much up until around 3 years old that means any kids around 11 or 12 have or had no idea we were crap at one time, but it dosnt seem long since that goalless spell under pierce

You remember that enormous boom as the sheikh landed in exactly 7 years ago today? That was the Manchester City juggernaut landing a bit clumsily into the Middle of the football world.

Did you hear that smooth, well oiled hum on Sunday, just as Txiki posed for pictures with a baby faced midfielder? That was that very same juggernaut slipping effortlessly into top gear for the very first time.

Hold on tight because we are fucking ready. From top to bottom.

Do not book any holidays in May from now on.

It was about 9am when Sky Sports News started to break the news. I remember they spoke to some guy who was saying how rich the owners were and if what he’s heard was correct the plans were incredible and things we're going to change forever.
Couple of hours later the yellow banner said Sky Sources believe City had bid for David Villa, Mario Gomez and Berbatov.
I must have sent/received over a thousand texts that day. Blues, reds all in disbelief.
Didn’t move from the TV all day. When Robinho signed at 11pm it was amazing. Fantastic day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.