Hard man city 11

I remember Bruce going into Peter Reid in front of me in The Kippax. You could hear the impact and those around me winced, he got up and walked away. Turned out he got a couple of broken ribs. Wouldn't put him in an all time list but he was nails after that tackle.

At a very young age away at Birmingham I saw a left back carried off on a stretcher after falling out with Mike Summerbee.So he is probably the first name on the team sheet.Andy morrison and Mike Doyle as centre backs.Although if I palyed a back three Dave Watson would be a good shout-Players of that era reckoned he was even harder off the pitch than he was on it.
Cant leave out Franny Lee after his performance against Norman Hunter.
Tony Coton and Joe Corrigan both good shouts for teh keeper.
Gerry Gow and Asa Hartford would keep the opposition honest in central midfield.
Uwe Rosler would probably put Tony Books name forward after his first training session at Platt Lane.

Think the legendary Dennis Tueart should be in with a shout out wide. Remembering a cup clash with Hartlepool, 70's probably. Dennis was stretched out injured in front of the Kippax, George Potter, Pools' 6' 13" centre half steamed into him as he lay prostrate on the turf. Dennis leapt up & nutted Potter who then went down like a Redwood, resulting him being dispatched to A&E. Potter's next appearance was from his hospital bed, being interviewed for Granada Reports. He was threatening legal action, whether he proceeded I can't remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.