Harry due in court on Monday 23rd January 2012 (merged)

kismet

He will be contesting the tax charges brought by HMRC following his time at Portsmouth.

An interesting case.

Re: Harry due in court on Monday 23rd January 2012

Is this the one that went

"I know he paid loads into an offshore account and never gave me a receipt or pay slip but I assumed he had paid the tax on it?"

Even my accountant (£100 a tax return) would raise his eyebrows at that and tell me to get some evidence of the payment. I don't live on the same financial planet as old droopy so imagine how much his account gets paid.

Pull the other one 'wheeler dealer'!

We need a song about this, don't we?

Jasondh said:

"I know he paid loads into an offshore account and never gave me a receipt or pay slip but I assumed he had paid the tax on it?"

Even my accountant (£100 a tax return) would raise his eyebrows at that and tell me to get some evidence of the payment. I don't live on the same financial planet as old droopy so imagine how much his account gets paid.

The obvious one is 'going down in the morning', but that could also mean he's going to lick out Saaaandra.

'Bummed in the morning'?

Every now and again, the Revenue like to prosecute a high profile individual. If they can get a jail term on the back of the result, so much the better. It gives a message out to lesser mortals, basically telling them - “if we are prepared to send Mr Celebrity to jail, we’ll definitely send you there if you don’t pay your taxes”. It’s all part of a drive to get more cash in by making those who are squirreling cash away to cough up. The Government have been using this technique since the end of the nineteenth century.

Chances are he’ll go down if the case is proven. Hopefully, the next target is Bacon Face.

Pigeonho said:
Jasondh said:

The obvious one is 'going down in the morning', but that could also mean he's going to lick out Saaaandra.

'Bummed in the morning'?

The second one, it's classier!

Royaloak said:
Every now and again, the Revenue like to prosecute a high profile individual. If they can get a jail term on the back of the result, so much the better. It gives a message out to lesser mortals, basically telling them - “if we are prepared to send Mr Celebrity to jail, we’ll definitely send you there if you don’t pay your taxes”. It’s all part of a drive to get more cash in by making those who are squirreling cash away to cough up. The Government have been using this technique since the end of the nineteenth century.

Chances are he’ll go down if the case is proven. Hopefully, the next target is Bacon Face.

I dont think he'll go down. He's not a Lester Piggot MKII (3+ million I think he got done for and was given 3 years and was out in 1)

Two payments totalling $295,000 (about £183,000) were allegedly made by Mr Mandaric, now chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, to Mr Redknapp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.