Harry Dunn

I can't help but think that had the boot been on the other foot the US and Trump would be threatening all kinds of damnation if a perpetrator wasn't extradited when a request had been made!

Yes, but an extradition request has not been made. As I said above it is a job for the police and MP. This shenanigans has achieved nothing but cost a fortune.

I just said I try everything I fuckin could to get who killed my son back over here to face justice.

It seems Bluemoons Judge n Jury has already made their mind up anyway. It's for financial reasons. Case closed.
Of course you would but in this case it’s a cosmetic exercise, you can’t go against International law. She’s not going to get jailed whatever the outcome so what kind of justice would you expect?

Energy should be spent trying to dilute Diplomatic Immunity but there are so many pros and cons it would take a mammoth sea change to do so.

She was driving the wrong way when Harry Dunn was killed, was she pissed? We will never know, justice as we would like to see will not apply in this case.

Fuck me there's some self righteous fuckers on here. They lost a son at 19, to no fault of his own, by a woman driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm pretty sure they would have settled for the law taking its course, as it appeared to be doing, if the hard faced cow hadn't had jumped on a plane to the States without a backward glance with no fucks given.

By all accounts they had hit a brick wall in getting any justice due to the ridiculous diplomatic immunity laws, even worse the woman responsible wouldn't speak at all, just disappeared behind a wall of silence,hoping the whole thing would die a death, just like the person she killed did.

Good luck to them in getting some form of justice for their son. Who cares how they got to the States and who funded it? They now have the world's attention, have got Trump's ear, however much use that is and will feel they have at least had a go. Nothing will ease their pain or bring back their son, but at least the person responsible has been exposed worldwide as the selfish coward she is, whatever the legal outcome. And no I have no sympathy with her, she should have stayed put and faced the consequences of her actions, which if we forget was the death of a young man in the prime of his life.

Fuck me there's some self righteous fuckers on here. They lost a son at 19, to no fault of his own, by a woman driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm pretty sure they would have settled for the law taking its course, as it appeared to be doing, if the hard faced cow hadn't had jumped on a plane to the States without a backward glance with no fucks given.

By all accounts they had hit a brick wall in getting any justice due to the ridiculous diplomatic immunity laws, even worse the woman responsible wouldn't speak at all, just disappeared behind a wall of silence,hoping the whole thing would die a death, just like the person she killed did.

Good luck to them in getting some form of justice for their son. Who cares how they got to the States and who funded it? They now have the world's attention, have got Trump's ear, however much use that is and will feel they have at least had a go. Nothing will ease their pain or bring back their son, but at least the person responsible has been exposed worldwide as the selfish coward she is, whatever the legal outcome. And no I have no sympathy with her, she should have stayed put and faced the consequences of her actions, which if we forget was the death of a young man in the prime of his life.
The law did take its course, she couldn’t be prosecuted even if she remained in this country.

It’s tragic what happened, the lasting effects on a family who have lost a loved one under those kind of circumstances can’t be empathised with other than to understand their lives are never the same

You are right though, the campaigning by the lads family as at least called out the system and the callous fucker who fled the country, what had she got to hide?

The law did take its course, she couldn’t be prosecuted even if she remained in this country.

It’s tragic what happened, the lasting effects on a family who have lost a loved one under those kind of circumstances can’t be empathised with other than to understand their lives are never the same

You are right though, the campaigning by the lads family as at least called out the system and the callous ducker who fled the country, what had she got to hide?

That doesn't appear to be true though as reports are saying she wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity as first thought.

If this case ends the farce of this outdated and unjust law, then I feel the family will take some comfort that their poor son's death hasn't totally been in vain.

That doesn't appear to be true though as reports are saying she wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity as first thought.

If this case ends the farce of this outdated and unjust law, then I feel the family will take some comfort that their poor son's death hasn't totally been in vain.
Fair enough, I thought she had the Immunity through her husband. Driving on the wrong side of the road after she had been here a few years is strange, there has to be more to it than we are being told. I wonder if the Police have evidence which is not admissible and being kept under wraps from an instruction at a higher level?

Fair enough, I thought she had the Immunity through her husband. Driving on the wrong side of the road after she had been here a few years is strange, there has to be more to it than we are being told. I wonder if the Police have evidence which is not admissible and being kept under wraps from an instruction at a higher level?

Initial reports made that assumption but it appears they were wrong and she wasn't covered by diplomatic immunity. I still fear the poor family face an almost impossible task to get her back to the UK but at least they tried.

So if she wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity then she has simply left the country which means the police can apply for her to be Extradited. This is what happens, it is the law as simple as. There is no need to go on a national media campaign, no need to go to America and no need to be on television every day which certainly cant be good for them.

Got to say I largely agree with the OP. I've lost a child, due to a medical consultant's gross negligence due to his failure to do what every text book and his own registrars told him to do. Everyone does react differently but I'd have been in no fit state to be flying over to the USA, giving coherent interviews. Then I heard them say they were offered a meeting but didn't want it as they needed mediators and stress counsellors in the room with them. But if there is a chance of a legal case then they really shouldn't be meeting her at all. So why did they go?

Having been in a situation that was somewhat similar I have to say that it all seems most odd to me.

So if she wasn't entitled to diplomatic immunity then she has simply left the country which means the police can apply for her to be Extradited. This is what happens, it is the law as simple as. There is no need to go on a national media campaign, no need to go to America and no need to be on television every day which certainly cant be good for them.

How do you know what's good for them. Why can't they go to America.
If you were in a similar situation and the law says 'sorry pal, we're pretty sure they did it but our hands are tied', you'd say, 'fair enough, now where's the remote I'm going to watch TV'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.