Harry Dunn

"The statement from [Mrs Sacoolas's] lawyer is promising, that we may be able to hopefully get a meeting put together.

"Whether it's face-to-face or lawyer-to-lawyer
, we're not really sure yet, but fingers crossed we're stepping in the right direction.

This was a statement from Mrs Sacoola's lawyer not Mrs Dunn expressing her wishes to meet Mrs Saoola, I understand where the confusion and where the assumption was made here. Bur as you said Trump and Johnson organising an ambush was crass and insensative to say the least when she did not personally express those wishes..
No, it was definitely Mrs. Dunn speaking:
www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50033744

But it also seems they were very clear that they would only meet her in the US if she first agreed to return to the UK. So Trump's proposed meeting went expressly against their wishes.

No, it was definitely Mrs. Dunn speaking:
www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50033744

But it also seems they were very clear that they would only meet her in the US if she first agreed to return to the UK. So Trump's proposed meeting went expressly against their wishes.

More importantly the family weren't asked for their consent to meeting with Mrs Sacoola, which would be accepted way of handling this. As far as they knew they were meeting POTUS at the Whitehouse.

Losing your child and receiving no justice is pretty much the start of every rampage movie ever made, yet some cunts on here want to make out that they are somehow in the wrong for seeking justice? This place just gets fucking weirder and crueller, the lack of empathy from some is genuinely astounding. People even calling them out for not agreeing to meet her as part of Trumps sociopathic PR gameshow?

They went to America to publicise the injustice and try and get enough public opinion to make her come back to England and stand trial. It succeeded in getting them a meeting with the President of the United States, the one man with the power to send her back. Only to instead of getting their one big chance at justice, they walk into a living nightmare with a sociopath that thinks that meeting your sons killer should be treated like This is Your Life. I can't imagine how terrible that must have felt.

Good luck to them on their crusade for justice, unfortunately I doubt they will ever see any.

Trump claims that Johnson asked him to set up the meeting with Harry Dunnes parents https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...pm-asked-him-set-up-meeting-harry-dunn-family

If true this is incredible Bonehead Boris rings Dumb Donald and they hatch a plan that involves the parents of a dead child meeting his killer. I know these 2 both lack empathy but how the fuck do you end up thinking that this is the right thing to do? Its like some fucked up reality tv show where they pull some stunt to shock everyone and then we all have a good cry and then laugh it off later.
Nothing surprises me about those 2,i can't get my head around any sane person liking them

OK Cleavers. One hand I admire Harry’s parents, particularly how they have gone out to the states to push their case with Trump etc. It must be a devastating time for them and to make some progress is impressive That said, the advice they are getting might not show them in the very best light in the medium to longer term. Earlier on they said they wanted to meet the driver so I don’t why they didn’t ask her to return to the UK to let the police continue to their inquiries. That meeting might have given the Trump PR machine a small victory but who cares in the circumstances.
Come on now,they are very raw,in a room with the women who killed their child,camera's in their faces,trump grinning like a cheshire cat,whatever they decide to say they won't be seen in a good light disturbs me very much

Losing your child and receiving no justice is pretty much the start of every rampage movie ever made, yet some cunts on here want to make out that they are somehow in the wrong for seeking justice? This place just gets fucking weirder and crueller, the lack of empathy from some is genuinely astounding. People even calling them out for not agreeing to meet her as part of Trumps sociopathic PR gameshow?

They went to America to publicise the injustice and try and get enough public opinion to make her come back to England and stand trial. It succeeded in getting them a meeting with the President of the United States, the one man with the power to send her back. Only to instead of getting their one big chance at justice, they walk into a living nightmare with a sociopath that thinks that meeting your sons killer should be treated like This is Your Life. I can't imagine how terrible that must have felt.

Good luck to them on their crusade for justice, unfortunately I doubt they will ever see any.

Fully agree. I'm reading this whole thread just shaking my head at the lack of humanity and empathy some posters on here have. For some of these people there always has to be some ulterior motive it can't just be a heart broken family who have had justice for their son snatched away from them. Think I'll stick to the City side of this forum from now on because fuck me this is grim.

Come on now,they are very raw,in a room with the women who killed their child,camera's in their faces,trump grinning like a cheshire cat,whatever they decide to say they won't be seen in a good light disturbs me very much

it might have been like that Karen, we just don’t know. It’s still a bit strange that the objective of the visit was initially to meet the driver. The family had the chance and turned it down. If they felt it was too raw then fair enough.

it might have been like that Karen, we just don’t know. It’s still a bit strange that the objective of the visit was initially to meet the driver. The family had the chance and turned it down. If they felt it was too raw then fair enough.
They have running on adrenaline and anger,i'm sure they wanted to see her but under the set up designed to get trump a good photo op i think they were right to not do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.