Harry Kane MBE

I think the honours system became widely accepted as a load of cobblers in the past 20 years or so where a lot have been exposed as pretty shitty people. No doubt it goes back to the beginning of the system, i doubt this age has a monopoly on arseholes. The last few years though it seemingly has happened a lot. If not that then stuff like this when they have not actually done anything of note above and beyond anyone else. They just feel like a "flavour of the month" type recipient.

Too right. Where's your MBE for services to BBQ's ;-)

Too right. Where's your MBE for services to BBQ's ;-)
You see, this is where it is at. I may have saved some poor soul from rubbery tough ribs or (god forbid) dry brisket. If everyone had priorities like you we would not be in this modern hell we call society. There would be order and those of us that are just better than others will get the regard we sorely deserve. In fact as long as you promised to kill Russel Brand within your first 24hrs in power i'd vote for you for the rest of my life. You could literally kick kids out of your way when walking and i would still hold you up as a champion of humanity.

I think especially with sportspeople, they should wait until the end of their career to honour them. Let's be honest, by the time he's 35, he'll probably be one of the all time top scorers in the Premier League and will have earned an honour, but to give it for a single half decent tournament is ridiculous. Surely Wales getting to the semi-final of Euro 2016 is just as big an achievement, but I didn't see Gareth Bale getting an MBE (not to mention winning the Champions League multiple times).

To be fair, Chris Coleman got an OBE for it.

I think especially with sportspeople, they should wait until the end of their career to honour them. Let's be honest, by the time he's 35, he'll probably be one of the all time top scorers in the Premier League and will have earned an honour, but to give it for a single half decent tournament is ridiculous. Surely Wales getting to the semi-final of Euro 2016 is just as big an achievement, but I didn't see Gareth Bale getting an MBE (not to mention winning the Champions League multiple times).

To be fair, Chris Coleman got an OBE for it.
Get on your knees, worship Sir Harry and stop mouthing off you pleb.

You see, this is where it is at. I may have saved some poor soul from rubbery tough ribs or (god forbid) dry brisket. If everyone had priorities like you we would not be in this modern hell we call society. There would be order and those of us that are just better than others will get the regard we sorely deserve. In fact as long as you promised to kill Russel Brand within your first 24hrs in power i'd vote for you for the rest of my life. You could literally kick kids out of your way when walking and i would still hold you up as a champion of humanity.
Why are we focusing on Russell Brand when it should be a joint Anglo-Irish effort to kill Daniel O'Donnell, Jedward, One Direction and Morrissey?

Why are we focusing on Russell Brand when it should be a joint Anglo-Irish effort to kill Daniel O'Donnell, Jedward, One Direction and Morrissey?
A good question that makes me retract my original individual in need of offing. Offer to stick Holmes in the stocks with a plentiful supply of rotten veg on hand and i'll change my vote to you :-D

A good question that makes me retract my original individual in need of offing. Offer to stick Holmes in the stocks with a plentiful supply of rotten veg on hand and i'll change my vote to you :-D
Holmes is all yours, he's definitely British.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.