Harry Kane MBE

I think especially with sportspeople, they should wait until the end of their career to honour them. Let's be honest, by the time he's 35, he'll probably be one of the all time top scorers in the Premier League and will have earned an honour, but to give it for a single half decent tournament is ridiculous.

Agree with this. Unless you have done something truly remarkable, then sportspeople shouldn’t be getting honours until they retire.

Not a fan of these honours. But fair play to whoever gets one.

As for Kane, there were plenty of bellends repeating the mantra that he was a just a one season wonder and still many give him stick, absolute class striker and England are lucky to have him.

A good question that makes me retract my original individual in need of offing. Offer to stick Holmes in the stocks with a plentiful supply of rotten veg on hand and i'll change my vote to you :-D

Fucking hell. You're like these buggers on El Chapo, sell you're own mother for a few millyon pesos ;-)

Not a fan of these honours. But fair play to whoever gets one.

As for Kane, there were plenty of bellends repeating the mantra that he was a just a one season wonder and still many give him stick, absolute class striker and England are lucky to have him.
What did he do in this particular calendar year to deserve it?

What did he do in this particular calendar year to deserve it?

Captained England to the Semi Final and was the highest scorer at the World Cup...
Joint second top scorer in the Prem ?

What am I missing ? He’s had another amazing year.

As I mentioned, couldn’t care less about honours or awards, but those who continuously slag him off are either clueless or bitter or probably both. Being surrounded by Hammers fans, I know enough of these.

Captained England to the Semi Final and was the highest scorer at the World Cup...
Joint second top scorer in the Prem ?

What am I missing ? He’s had another amazing year.

As I mentioned, couldn’t care less about honours or awards, but those who continuously slag him off are either clueless or bitter or probably both. Being surrounded by Hammers fans, I know enough of these.
Was given the captaincy in the world cup and managed to score some penalties.
Is this really the minimum standard that should be set for an MBE?
I'm not a Brit but if I was I'd be fairly embarrassed by this tbh.

Was given the captaincy in the world cup and managed to score some penalties.
Is this really the minimum standard that should be set for an MBE?
I'm not a Brit but if I was I'd be fairly embarrassed by this tbh.
Yeah, it's shit. I really enjoyed watching England at the World Cup and they did well, but ultimately it feels like an achievement purely because of the underachievement of past teams. When it comes down to it, we beat the teams you'd expect us to beat and lost to the teams you'd expect us to lose to. In terms of honours, I don't think we should be rewarding anything other than winners, especially as we're basically in a golden era of British sport in so many other areas.

Thank god we didn't win it, or we'd be looking at Sir Ashley Young and Sir Phil 'the face' Jones.

Last edited:
Unless you have done something truly remarkable, then sportspeople shouldn’t be getting honours until they retire.
Totally agree, and when you read why many ordinary people get honoured, and how much they actually contribute to their community and/or charity, it makes a mockery of sports people getting something for doing next to f**k all in reality, like losing 3 out of 7 football matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.