Harry Kane

My gripe with Kane is that he's a law of averages kind of striker.

He's got great shooting ability and huge confidence (an underrated trait), so his tactic is to shoot whenever he can.

Because when you have that ability and confidence, a lot of your shots will be on target. And with his ability a lot of them will be unstoppable and go in.

So naturally against the weaker sides he scores a load because he has a million chances to shoot and he takes them happily.

But when Tottenham, or more likely, England, come up against a side where he won't get many shooting chances then he'll be nullified.

He's a bloody good striker, but not world class for me. The only way I can see an argument around the idea is if you consider his consistency a valid reason to call him world class (In my opinion it helps but not on its own)

You're talking rubbish ...

15/16 he scored against Man City (Home and Away), Arsenal (Home and Away) , Liverpool, Chelsea and Champions Leicester

16/17 he scored against Arsenal (Home and Away) , Chelsea, Man Utd, Monaco, Leicester away (4 goals),

This season, absoulutly any team he fancys.

You're talking rubbish ...

15/16 he scored against Man City (Home and Away), Arsenal (Home and Away) , Liverpool, Chelsea and Champions Leicester

16/17 he scored against Arsenal (Home and Away) , Chelsea, Man Utd, Monaco, Leicester away (4 goals),

This season, absoulutly any team he fancys.
Any team he fancies that gives him shooting opportunities. He'll struggle at the World Cup because England are so shit

Harry Kane is a top quality striker.

If he had come through our ranks we'd be saying he was the best striker in the world.

Remember him coming through under 21’s & never rated him, always seemed short of pace? but fair play to him he’s become a quality striker

Kane is a top player. I wouldn't swap him for Aguero but that stands for every player bar Messi. All this discussion over world class is bollocks. There is no measure of world class. Is he as good as Messi, no. Ronaldo, probably no. But they are 2 of the best players ever to play the game. Is he up there with the others, I think so. Unfortunately for Spurs unless Levy changes the way they are run he will have to leave to achieve what his ability deserves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember him coming through under 21’s & never rated him, always seemed short of pace? but fair play to him he’s become a quality striker
For a big fella he turns very well and has a great touch. He also tends to shoot on sight accurately.

Any team he fancies that gives him shooting opportunities. He'll struggle at the World Cup because England are so shit
How is anybody going to score if the opposition don't give them shooting opportunities?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.