Harry Kane

How is anybody going to score if the opposition don't give them shooting opportunities?
A little bit of ingenuity perhaps? Maybe some outrageous skill?

I'm talking about goals which came out of nothing but being truly world class. Goals that you didn't picture happening until it actually did. Goals that are scored when your team is struggling.

You know, like Aguero at Old Trafford in 2013. Or at home to Liverpool the same year (I think). Or both goals in that QPR game where we drew 2-2. Or that crazy goal he scored away at Chelsea. Or against Burnley last season. Or Watford the other week. Or both goals in the 6 1 at Norwich. Or when he won us the league. I'm sure I could go on.

Others do it to. For example to name a few,

Henry vs United
Suarez vs Norwich
Ibrahimovic vs England
Messi vs everyone
Tevez vs Stoke
Ronaldo vs Bayern

And there's plenty more from all of the above too.

Kane is brilliant, I get the feeling people think I don't know that. He's magnificent in his consistency.

But he has a habit of scoring heavily in the games Tottenham play well in and not scoring in the rare odd few games Tottenham don't. We'll see it in action for England at the World Cup I'm sure.

He's the kind of player who will absolutely 100% guarantee you win the games you should be winning. Plus he's ruthless against leaky defences of teams of ANY calibre. Which is an amazing quality. No doubt. That's kind of what Tottenham are all about. Maybe if that's enough to be the definition of world class then he is world class I suppose.

But I wouldn't expect him to pull off a miracle like the players I consider to be the elite.

Last edited:
A little bit of ingenuity perhaps? Maybe some outrageous skill?

I'm talking about goals which came out of nothing but being truly world class. Goals that you didn't picture happening until it actually did. Goals that are scored when your team is struggling.

You know, like Aguero at Old Trafford in 2013. Or at home to Liverpool the same year (I think). Or both goals in that QPR game where we drew 2-2. Or that crazy goal he scored away at Chelsea. Or against Burnley last season. Or Watford the other week. Or both goals in the 6 1 at Norwich. Or when he won us the league. I'm sure I could go on.

Others do it to. For example to name a few,

Henry vs United
Suarez vs Norwich
Ibrahimovic vs England
Messi vs everyone
Tevez vs Stoke
Ronaldo vs Bayern

And there's plenty more from all of the above too.

Kane is brilliant, I get the feeling people think I don't know that. He's magnificent in his consistency.

But he has a habit of scoring heavily in the games Tottenham play well in and not scoring in the rare odd few games Tottenham don't. We'll see it in action for England at the World Cup I'm sure.

He's the kind of player who will absolutely 100% guarantee you win the games you should be winning. Plus he's ruthless against leaky defences of teams of ANY calibre. Which is an amazing quality. No doubt. That's kind of what Tottenham are all about. Maybe if that's enough to be the definition of world class then he is world class I suppose.

But I wouldn't expect him to pull off a miracle like the players I consider to be the elite.
So you are admitting that you have never seen Harry Kane play.

Kane has scored some pretty incredible goals just because you didn't see them didn't mean that they didn't happen.

So you are admitting that you have never seen Harry Kane play.

Kane has scored some pretty incredible goals just because you didn't see them didn't mean that they didn't happen.

Exactly.

Spurs were totally under the cosh against Dortmund a few weeks ago when, from nothing, Kane picked up the ball on the halfway line, turned one man, muscled his way past another before running in on goal and smashing the ball into the net from a tight angle. Precisely the kind of goal which mccity is claiming that Kane doesn't score. Plenty of other examples where that came from.

Exactly.

Spurs were totally under the cosh against Dortmund a few weeks ago when, from nothing, Kane picked up the ball on the halfway line, turned one man, muscled his way past another before running in on goal and smashing the ball into the net from a tight angle. Precisely the kind of goal which mccity is claiming that Kane doesn't score. Plenty of other examples where that came from.
He's done it quite a few times. Against Arsenal a year or two back where he curled a pearler from wide left out of nothing, same against chelsea i think the same season. A poster above got it spot on for me, he shoots on site ACCURATELY. This is pretty much his success. He mostly hits them hard and low and has a good percentage on target.

Top scorer of cl presently.
Joint top scorer of pl having won 2 golden boots in a row for last 2 seasons.
Behind messi only for goals scored in 2017.
Yep still isnt worldclass.

If he had such stats for city same posters who think he isnt worldclass wouldnt stop gushing about how brilliant of a player he is, moreover with due respect to spurs his stats one would argue would only be better if he was at madrid barca or city as all of them have better creative players who create more chances than spurs

Alright lads clearly I know nothing. Enjoy the world cup

I agree with you.

Player like that will always struggle to convince me. Like other posters have stated he can shoot on sight accurately and with power. Needs to be more than that for me.

For me he is an effective player not a great player. There is a difference.

I agree with you.

Player like that will always struggle to convince me. Like other posters have stated he can shoot on sight accurately and with power. Needs to be more than that for me.

For me he is an effective player not a great player. There is a difference.

He is more than that. Far more. Ridiculous to suggest that he isn't. His all round game is excellent.

He is strong; holds the ball up well when required; good in the air; great - really great - movement off the ball; has that uncanny instinct that all great strikers have of where he needs to be; shoots almost equally well with either foot (which is considerably more than could be said of some players you would undoubtedly consider to be great); excellent reading of the game and the ability to play superb passes; works his socks off.

He is sometimes a little too selfish (but that is true of most top strikers). And he isn't the quickest (but nor is he as slow as some seem to think). Other than that, it is hard to see many weaknesses in his game. And he is getting better all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.