Harry Kane

£100M transfer, plus £300K/wk for 4yrs is £160M. Beyond that, sponsorships, image rights, etc…

All strikes me as a little ridiculous, but I’d rather the players who play the sport, bring in the fans, and win all the trophies get the money than anyone else. The owners make their money from the increased value of the club, when we win and become an even more attractive commercial property, and the spin-off investments from other activities, like the Arena.
To be honest I have no problem with the money. I was chuffed when we spent a fortune on Trevor Francis. Football is showbiz and the top players are as big as Hollywood stars. No one complained when Real Madrid bought their galacticos.
The football industry generates hundreds of billions of pounds, creates hundreds of thousands of jobs at all levels, brings huge money into local communities, and provides huge entertainment. It inspires people all over the world. I am delighted that my home city of Manchester is at the centre of all of this (and that includes United).

A penalty against Denmark that he almost fluffed, a brace against Ukraine and one vs Germany?

Not much of a return from 7 games. Drew a blank in 4 of them. I don't think it's a stretch to say he had a poor tournament.
As opposed to haaland scoring the winning goal in the euros!
Oh and haalands World Cup golden boot
Oh and haaland s champions league winning goal
Let’s not forget haalands bundesliga winning goal and golden boot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.