Harry Kane

Just heard that the deal is losing momentum. City not willing to meet Spurs demands on fee so only way this’ll happen is if we sell Bernardo and Laporte.
Bernardo might go, Laporte might also go, that has no relevance to Kane though

I agree I truly do. The thing is though FFP would not be a thing anymore, so some mega rich owner could encourage a player to do this ;)

I am, of course, playing devils advocate.
It’d also pretty much rip up all contracts of players and a player would be no longer “not for sale”
Not all players would do it, but some greedy bastards would, buy out their contract and get a huge signing on fee.

For something to be useful as leverage there has to be a genuine possibility of it happening otherwise its nothing but an empty threat. They threaten levy with that, he will laugh at them.
He wouldn’t be laughing if they went through with it though because he would be losing a lot of money. That’s the leverage.

@Dribble

Thank you for your long post. It gave me great pleasure and deserves a response.

That is really your problem. Not mine. Or anyone else's. I agree the Liverpool fans were disgusting.

Of course not. It is not a secret that Spurs is being set-up for sale to one of the Big Tech giants. Hence the American Football. Whether that will happen who knows?

In a previous post, I tried to explain that your good fortune helped Spurs break into the top 4 by knocking out first Liverpool and then Arsenal and then United. This allowed Spurs in. And now there is a top 6.

There is a section of fans that do mock the less fortunate. You explain why above. It does not define the club but it exists.

Agreed.

Also your typo, intentional or not, is very true. Every City fan I meet claims to have been there that day. A bit like the famous Sex Pistols concert.

I feel it. I am a Spurs fan. I cannot relax even at 3-0 up (see West Ham, etc)

I agree.

Some people on here might suppose I believe that but I don't. Spurs are not competing for the title. But I do want the best for Spurs and that is screwing you or United for as much money as we can for Kane. City are not relevant to Spurs. We can't compete with your cash and nor do we expect to beat you.

I stand to be corrected but I think Spurs were one of the few clubs that did not support FFP. Levy's view was that it might discourage a potential buyer.

Yes. It is the business model. It is part of the plan.

That is why the Italian centre back signs for us. If he is as good as he says he is, he'll get his move to United or Real Madrid or whoever in a couple of years and Spurs make a few quid.

I did. Banned from them all. I was slightly more cruel to them than I have been here. They are a bit thick.

I think you should consider yourself an elite club. If you don't, that could explain some of the spikiness on here.

I don't really feel bitter or jealous. It is not my intention to come across like that.

My intention is to appear arrogant and patronising.

Thank you. I have done that.

God, I love isolation.
I actually read your response to one of the best posts I’ve seen on this thread. Hope isolation goes well. Thankfully we have an ignore button… cheerio

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.